Office Chair Zombie Shooter

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Jimanzium
Party member

Office Chair Zombie Shooter

Post by Jimanzium »

I've been working on this for a few weeks now but I've hardly worked on it the past week so I'd like to share it and get enough feedback etc. to be able to make more notable and worthwhile changes.

The idea is you're in a zombie filled office and your best defence is getting on an office chair and using your gun for propulsion to smash your way through the hordes.

As usual any feedback is appreciated, suggestions are always welcome and if anything sucks don't try and be sensitive about it.

If you find a bug I most likely know about it and haven't done anything about it. Known issues include some collisions may be off, corners can be an issue and the wheel trail dips about.
screen1.PNG
screen1.PNG (146.26 KiB) Viewed 4613 times
screen2.PNG
screen2.PNG (230.52 KiB) Viewed 4613 times
Controls:
WASD - Move, this is slow and will get you killed
Mouse - Aim
Left Mouse - Shoot
Right Mouse - Use Item
Left shift - Throw primary weapon
Left Control - Throw secondary weapon
Q/Mouse wheel up/Mouse Wheel down - Switch weapon
E - Pick up weapon
Attachments
Office.love
(157.63 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Last edited by Jimanzium on Sat May 10, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: Office Chair Zombie Shooter

Post by Ranguna259 »

Everybody loves screenshots
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Neat Idea!

The mechanics are good... it's a nice gameplay element to have to shoot backwards in order to move forward. Well done!
The fact that the player is sitting in an office chair is pretty fun as well.

What I don't like yet are the graphics and the sounds. The graphics remind me of MS Paint... sorry :P.
But it's already pretty fun to play! Keep it up!
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
szmol96
Citizen

Post by szmol96 »

Great game, it is nicely done. I haven't found any bugs or glitches. To be honest, I don't like the bullets sticking out of the walls, but thats the only bad thing. Keep up the good work!
All your code are belong to us.
Mermersk
Party member

Post by Mermersk »

Nice game!
ArchAngel075
Party member

Post by ArchAngel075 »

That.....

was solidly enjoyable....

Well done on a neat mechanic, my only peeve was the first weapon had a little push to it and thus i ended up hugging corners shooting the zombies instead of plowing through them, but when i felt the second weapon played out well- especially when I get stuck...

Them sound effects hardly get boring, infact the little "tune" they made was entertaining to hear.
Graphics felt like they did what the needed and the subtle red tinting and pulsing LOS circle are a nice touch!
Jimanzium
Party member

Post by Jimanzium »

Thanks for the feedback, good to see people like the idea. I intend to remake most of this project somewhere in the future when I have less things to worry about/things I should be worried about. I hope for the redo to be much better quality, in terms of art and gameplay. There are many things that will need complete re-works for a better game, such as the weird room collision system being replaced with something much more universal which will hopefully make the levels much less linear and much more interesting. I'd also like to add different weapon types so you can get things like a fire extinguisher, not just basic bullet weapons. In general it will be much much better to play and hopefully worth some money.
Last edited by Jimanzium on Tue May 20, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Jimanzium wrote:In genital
:huh:
Nice game though! Interesting mechanic!
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
ArchAngel075
Party member

Post by ArchAngel075 »

davisdude wrote:
Jimanzium wrote:In genital
:huh:
-insert innuendo here-

I too know how it feels to stare at some work and feel the need to rebuild from nothing(or something) improving on the previous piece, i wish you luck when you do get around to putting together the next piece!

As a request for interesting weapons...harpoon-gun...stick into the dead thing or a wall and "swing" around in dizzying glee :awesome:
Jimanzium
Party member

Post by Jimanzium »

Ah, yeah, fixed that.

A harpoon gun would be really cool, I'll most likely do that.