How to use more than one keyboard, one for each player?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
SouL
Prole

How to use more than one keyboard, one for each player?

Post by SouL »

I would like to use a different keyboard for each player but I don't know where to start looking.

I use GNU/Linux but I would like to know if something changes between different Operating Systems.

Thank you very much, any help is appreciated! :)
miko
Party member

Re: How to use more than one keyboard, one for each player?

Post by miko »

SouL wrote:I would like to use a different keyboard for each player but I don't know where to start looking.

I use GNU/Linux but I would like to know if something changes between different Operating Systems.

Under linux you could read /dev/input/event? (for each input device, i.e. keyboard) and decode it for yourself . That would be low-level and not portable.
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
SouL
Prole

Re: How to use more than one keyboard, one for each player?

Post by SouL »

miko wrote:
SouL wrote:I would like to use a different keyboard for each player but I don't know where to start looking.

Under linux you could read /dev/input/event? (for each input device, i.e. keyboard) and decode it for yourself . That would be low-level and not portable.
Thank you, I'll keep investigating ^^