Offering my labour

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Zenku
Prole

Offering my labour

Post by Zenku »

Hi people,

I've joined the forum a days ago, some of you should have noticed me for sure.

I'm writing this to offer my labour. Currently I don't have any idea to develop so I was thinking that may be I could be useful for someone's idea.

Let me introduce me a little.

Little Introduction:
I'm a 19-years-old Argentinian and I'm studying something like Computer Science at a national University at my country (Don't know exactly how to translate the career, It lasts 5 years and it's oriented to programming). I've had experiences developing sites with PHP, HTML, CSS and MySQL but I'm currently programming using Delphi and Java. I'm interesting in working on everything which could leave me some kind of learning, so any work you could give me would be OK.

More about me:
I have a good mathematics basis and I consider myself a very capable person. I speak Spanish and English, and I'm currently studying Japanese (next year I'll be starting French). I used to play the guitar but I leave it and replaced it with the Flute. Since May, I've been attending to an Aikido Dojo and I'm very surprised about the majesty of this martial art.

Lua?:
Yes, LUA is new for me but interpreted languages are not. I think it's a nice language despite it's not object oriented (yes, I know how to simulate classes and inheritance).

Well, that's all.

See ya

Zenku
Take care of your thoughts because they'll become words
Take care of your words because they'll become acts
Take care of acts because they'll forge your character
Take care of character because it'll determine your destiny
and your destiny ll be your life
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: Offering my labour

Post by TechnoCat »

Zenku wrote:and I'm currently studying Japanese
どうぞよろしく。
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

http://www.secretmaryo.org/

We need more developers, your help would be much appreciated.

I also invite you to play with my the code of my up and coming LÖVE games.
Good bye.
Zenku
Prole

Post by Zenku »

Aren't you looking for C++ developers? I know that Java and PHP have similar sintaxis but...
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Do you want to contribute to LÖVE itself? Then you might want to start sending in patches for known bugs (see http://bitbucket.org/rude/love/issues for those) and hope they get accepted.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

We're actually starting to implement Lua scripting for Secret Maryo Chronicles levels, but I guess if you don't know any C++ it won't help much except if you go on and make suggestions as to what would be cool for the SMC Level Scripting API.

PHP and Java have syntaxes under the C Family of Languages (what I call Bracket Languages (as in { and })), however in total they are very different, and if you tried creating a C++ application you would probably be totally confused.
Good bye.
Zenku
Prole

Post by Zenku »

Luiji wrote:We're actually starting to implement Lua scripting for Secret Maryo Chronicles levels, but I guess if you don't know any C++ it won't help much except if you go on and make suggestions as to what would be cool for the SMC Level Scripting API.

PHP and Java have syntaxes under the C Family of Languages (what I call Bracket Languages (as in { and })), however in total they are very different, and if you tried creating a C++ application you would probably be totally confused.
haha, I don't think I would get confused. It's just about spending some time with it. I have here "The C programming language" book by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie, I was told it's the best book for learning C but I have had no time for reading it. May be on winter holidays.
vrld
Party member

Post by vrld »

Zenku wrote:
Luiji wrote:I have here "The C programming language" book by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie
C and C++ are two very different languages; understanding C does not mean to understand C++ (if actually anyone can).
There is more to a language than just syntax ;)
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

If anybody tells you knowing C will help you learn C++, THEY LIE!

I, as a small useless tidbit, know both C and C++, along with abouth 30 others.
Good bye.
Zenku
Prole

Post by Zenku »

vrld wrote:C and C++ are two very different languages; understanding C does not mean to understand C++ (if actually anyone can).
There is more to a language than just syntax ;)
Of course there is more than just the syntax. The thing is that most of the things you could do in C++, probably I have experienced it in other language. So the only thing left to do is learning the syntax. I mean, who cares about the language you speak? The important thing here is the ideas you can express with it. You don't just become a programmer by learning a language syntax.