Pacturn (Turn-Based Pacman)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
MarkSill
Prole

Pacturn (Turn-Based Pacman)

Post by MarkSill »

Hello all,

Pacturn is my first "completed" LÖVE game. The basic premise is that it's a turn-based Pacman game. The game is fairly simple: One player plays Pacman, and the other player(s) control the ghosts (Blinky, Speedy, Inky, and Clyde). Although there is no win condition (yet), Pacman can lose by getting hit by a ghost if he isn't in super mode at the time. If he is, then he "eats" the ghost and the ghost returns to the start.

I only include one map by default, but others can be added by adding a new file to the maps folder (which is inside of the .love file) with a title of "map#.lua". This map should follow the template provided in map1.lua in order to work properly. If the map doesn't follow consecutive order, then the game will crash if it tries to load a map. I'll fix this soon(ish).

All releases can be found on its GitHub page, which can be found at https://github.com/MarkSill/Pacturn.

Releases hosted here:
turnbasedpacman_v1.1.love
Pacturn v1.1
(130.06 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Heyo, I'm MarkSill. I'm a programmer, and I like chips with salsa.
Muris
Party member

Re: Pacturn (Turn-Based Pacman)

Post by Muris »

A word of an advice, but I would highly consider changing name pacman. NAMCO at from what I've seen in the internet, has a bit of a reputation of not really liking random people using their trade marked name on other projects.
MarkSill
Prole

Re: Pacturn (Turn-Based Pacman)

Post by MarkSill »

Muris wrote:A word of an advice, but I would highly consider changing name pacman. NAMCO at from what I've seen in the internet, has a bit of a reputation of not really liking random people using their trade marked name on other projects.
Yeah, I just wasn't really sure what to call it yet. But thanks for the advice!
Heyo, I'm MarkSill. I'm a programmer, and I like chips with salsa.