LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Evine
Citizen

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by Evine »

megalukes wrote:Ah, full screen mode solve this, but everytime I'm using window mode fps is low. Now that I updated my graphic card it's stuck at 30~40.
Try breaking the love.timer.sleep function. Just add this line.

Code: Select all

function love.timer.sleep() end
Artal, A .PSD loader: https://github.com/EvineDev/Artal
megalukes
Citizen

Post by megalukes »

Evine wrote:
megalukes wrote:Ah, full screen mode solve this, but everytime I'm using window mode fps is low. Now that I updated my graphic card it's stuck at 30~40.
Try breaking the love.timer.sleep function. Just add this line.

function love.timer.sleep() end
It didn't work unfortunately. I finally tested LÖVE 0.9.2 on Mac OSX and it works perfectly. I think Windows 8/8.1 is cursed haha.
demetris135
Prole

Post by demetris135 »

Buttons in Message boxes are in reverse order. Is it normal?

local button_list = {"cancel", "dismiss always", "dismiss", enterbutton = 3, escapebutton = 1}

pressed_but = love.window.showMessageBox("Are you sure?", "Are you sure you want to dismiss this army?", button_list, "info", false)
And escapebutton in Message boxes doesn't work!!! Program always using last button (3th in my example), when I press escape.
Image Image
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

demetris135 wrote:Buttons in Message boxes are in reverse order. Is it normal?
I believe they're in the "natural" order for message box buttons on the OS (whatever that may be), rather than always left-to-right. Maybe think of it like: the first one in the list is the primary button.
demetris135 wrote:And escapebutton in Message boxes doesn't work!!! Program always using last button (3th in my example), when I press escape.
It works for me, but I'm using OS X right now. Maybe there's a bug in the Windows-specific message box code in SDL (which LÖVE uses to display message boxes.)
demetris135
Prole

Post by demetris135 »

Most likely that is OS problem. For example I use Windows 7 and type of MsgBox "info" is similar to the "warning" and "error" types. They exactly have no differences for me.
AlexCalv
Prole

Post by AlexCalv »

slime wrote:
demetris135 wrote:Buttons in Message boxes are in reverse order. Is it normal?
I believe they're in the "natural" order for message box buttons on the OS (whatever that may be), rather than always left-to-right. Maybe think of it like: the first one in the list is the primary button.
demetris135 wrote:And escapebutton in Message boxes doesn't work!!! Program always using last button (3th in my example), when I press escape.
It works for me, but I'm using OS X right now. Maybe there's a bug in the Windows-specific message box code in SDL (which LÖVE uses to display message boxes.)
Another thing I noticed which isn't a huge deal, but if there's a message box open, and you click the game window behind it, the message box gets hidden behind the game window. Is there a way you can force the message box to always stay on top? And what does attach to window do?
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

AlexCalv wrote:Another thing I noticed which isn't a huge deal, but if there's a message box open, and you click the game window behind it, the message box gets hidden behind the game window. Is there a way you can force the message box to always stay on top? And what does attach to window do?
It attaches the message box to the window and should prevent it from getting hidden behind it ;)
chaos99998
Prole

Post by chaos99998 »

Hooray!
:emo: 约吗?
AlexCalv
Prole

Post by AlexCalv »

rmcode wrote:
AlexCalv wrote:Another thing I noticed which isn't a huge deal, but if there's a message box open, and you click the game window behind it, the message box gets hidden behind the game window. Is there a way you can force the message box to always stay on top? And what does attach to window do?
It attaches the message box to the window and should prevent it from getting hidden behind it ;)
That's strange.. When I added true to the function for it, attach to window did nothing for me.
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

AlexCalv wrote:
rmcode wrote:
That's strange.. When I added true to the function for it, attach to window did nothing for me.
What OS are you using?