[Android] Asteroid Space Shooter

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Raskol
Prole

Re: Asteroid Space Shooter

Post by Raskol »

I suggest adding a little piece of code so the space ship would rotate towards the cursor automatically. It's not that hard and it would make the game 4000x times more enjoyable in my opinion. Or you can incrase the rotation with the left/right buttons.

Keep it up bro!
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: Asteroid Space Shooter

Post by Ranguna259 »

qubodup wrote:I tried another game, which seems to have been working ok. (so it probably was my button mashing [hitting space/pause?] making problems before)
Yep, now it looks great. Since this is just beta and the actual game will only be releasing on android (and hopefuly iOS) then I won't have any problems with the pause funtion since the mobile version will not have it.
Raskol wrote:space ship would rotate towards the cursor automatically. It's not that hard and it would make the game 4000x times more enjoyable in my opinion.

Keep it up bro!
Will do, but this will not be noticeable in the mobile version.

Thanks for all the feedback :)

EDIT: Beta 1.1 released, the space ship now rotates towards the cursor.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Raskol
Prole

Re: Asteroid Space Shooter 1.1BETA

Post by Raskol »

oh right, sorry I missed the mobile part :P
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: [Android] Asteroid Space Shooter

Post by Ranguna259 »

Asteroid Space Shooter is finally availabe on Google Play, go check it out and tell me what you think, have fun playing :D
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Come on, I really need to know what you think and I need your help to distribute the game to as many people possible.

Latest version of the game allows you to mute the game and to see your highscore.

I'm planning on adding a new game mode where you only gain points when you hit the asteroids while the screen is zoomed in.

Check out my twitter.
cval
Citizen

Post by cval »

Looks solid. Reminds me of an old game Spheres of Chaos (video is about 2012 remake, i think).
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Thank you for your opinion. Wow, it realy does, but that game is way to trippy :b

Check out my twitter.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

With the help of master both, Asteroid Space Shooter now comes with Google Play Services, yey :D
If you haven't already, please download my game and try to beat my score (and see if you can unlock the hidden achievement, be warned though, it's impossible).
You can get the latest version from the Google Play Store.

Thanks for reading :)

Check out my twitter.
desman
Prole

Post by desman »

I think this game is similar to Hopeless: The Dark Cave.
From game design perspective I think your Asteroid is much more awesome than Hopeless, so much psychedelic :awesome: