[DEPRECATED] Experimental iOS port (LÖVE 0.9.2)

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
hellodenq
Prole

Re: Experimental iOS port (LÖVE 0.9.2)

Post by hellodenq »

slime,
you have renamed lua to luajit for include and libraries folders and not changed Header Search Path and Libraries Search Path in liblove-ios Xcode project. without fixing this issue the building fail.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

The header and library search paths were changed to look for a luajit folder rather than a lua folder nearly a year ago ( https://bitbucket.org/bartbes/love-expe ... at=default ).

Are you using the most recent version of the source code? Make sure you didn't override the header and library search paths yourself, as well.
hellodenq
Prole

Post by hellodenq »

my bad. I was on wrong branch. thanks.
spill
Prole

Post by spill »

I just wanted to say, I've been using this iOS port and I found it surprisingly easy to set up and get running on my phone. Thanks so much for making this! I've been having a lot of fun with it. My only complaint so far is that the APIs for some of the love.touch* functions are a bit weird. I would expect it to be "love.touchpressed(id, x, y, dx, dy, pressure)" and use screen pixel coordinates (instead of [0-1]) like love.mousepressed. But it's been pretty easy to work around by keeping a table of previous touch positions and converting the coordinates as needed. Anyway, keep up the good work! :awesome:
nasty
Prole

Post by nasty »

Hi to all,
i have a strange problem!
Until yesterday all ok compiling Love 0.9.2 using latest libraries posted by slime few days ago.
Today i recompile all the stuff but the .love game in the project start with a black blank video (but the sound works!)...so the game start with some video problem.
What can be?
I'm going mad with this!
Can be a bad version of linked libraries or something like that?
I tried to recompile sdl2 lib using the latest reposity! but nothing!
Please if anyone have any kind of advices about .. let me know!
Thanks ..
nasty
Prole

Post by nasty »

Problem of blank screen solved!
For some obscure reason, I've included an old version of SDL (that did not contain the fantastic IOS improvements of Alex).
Thanks anyway
luckw
Prole

Post by luckw »

I've run into a bit of an issue with dealing with multiple instances in playing the same source of audio multiple times.
It works fine when running on my computer, and on the Android port, but for some reason on iOS audio is glitchy.

What happens is I have a 3s audio clip that's played multiple times, where up to 10 are playing at a time. When an instance is done playing, its stopped and removed. However, shortly after playing it once I hear a faint echo of the sound, and after it playing multiple times a sort of murmur builds up, but its quiet and a little static-ey. After a few seconds the original sound can't play again, the murmur is all that's left. I suspect that the murmur is some error in deleting the audio source, and after time it maxes out the 32 sources.

I've tried using different formats, mp3, ogg, wav, and all result in the same problem. I've also tried using both the Slam and TEsound libraries.

Also as a note, support for linear PCM audio files in the .caf format would be really nice! This is what Apple recommends for sound FX, as it takes the least CPU power to software decode.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Do you have a .love file I can test with? Apple's version of OpenAL on iOS is a bit buggy, so it seems to require special attention / workarounds...
luckw wrote:Also as a note, support for linear PCM audio files in the .caf format would be really nice! This is what Apple recommends for sound FX, as it takes the least CPU power to software decode.
I *think* this is already supported by the iOS port (but undocumented right now.) You could try and see if it works, at least. If it doesn't then I'll add support.
TripleXero
Prole

Post by TripleXero »

Sorry to bump this, but it got me interested. Unfortunately, I'm on Windows and I cannot make the app, and was wondering if someone could just make it into an install-able app for me. I searched through the pages a bit, and while I didn't read in depth on every one, I did look at most of them and didn't see anything. I have a jailbroken iPhone so installing the app is not a problem. If it's too much to do, just ignore this, I don't know much about compiling apps
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

I've found out you can build the application with this:

http://macbuildserver.com/lite/

I read about it, although I can't try it (or anyone else for that matter) unless all the code that is need was on a github repo. It would definitely save a lot of effort for everyone.

Home page for it:

http://try.macbuildserver.com/