Turtle: Invaders

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
TurtleP
Party member

Re: Turtle: Invaders

Post by TurtleP »

Updated the Party Mode (player select) menu:

I'm hoping to have 12 characters for v1.5 and most with unique abilities.
FruityLark
Prole

Post by FruityLark »

I just went to OPTIONS, scale: 4 before I did anything else, and now it's stuck in fullscreen mode with some of the lower part of the screen cut off. I don't know how to change the scale back from 4, and it saved my settings so I cant close and reopen to fix it :(
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

FruityLark wrote:I just went to OPTIONS, scale: 4 before I did anything else, and now it's stuck in fullscreen mode with some of the lower part of the screen cut off. I don't know how to change the scale back from 4, and it saved my settings so I cant close and reopen to fix it :(
This is probably a bug from version 1.4.2. One thing to fix it would be from %appdata%\LOVE\TurtleInvaders and edit the settings file (just open it in something like Sublime or Notepad++) and change the scale flag to 1.

EDIT:

Seems I forgot to update the Source version on the thread. That could be why.. But even still, I'm shooting for mid to late August with v1.5 with everything tested properly and bug-free.
FruityLark
Prole

Post by FruityLark »

That didn't fix it; it was still fullscreen but at scale:1.
Deleting the settings.json to fixed it though.
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

FruityLark wrote:That didn't fix it; it was still fullscreen but at scale:1.
Deleting the settings.json to fixed it though.
Oh, right. There was a fullscreen flag you had to set to false. My bad.. I forgot since v1.5 has a universal save file and there's a ton of settings in it that I need saved and loaded.

Glad it's working though! :awesome:
FruityLark
Prole

Post by FruityLark »

Great BGM track.
Wave 5 takes way too long, then suddenly enemy has spreadfire technology :x
I think there should be some negative effect to allowing an enemy to go past you, and sometimes my ship would clone itself on its own and it would slow me down.
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

FruityLark wrote:-image-

Great BGM track.
Wave 5 takes way too long, then suddenly enemy has spreadfire technology :x
I think there should be some negative effect to allowing an enemy to go past you, and sometimes my ship would clone itself on its own and it would slow me down.
Nice high score!

The bats will grow to be able to be more deadly as the waves progress. Enemies getting past you deduct 10 points (which may be unnoticeable at high score values), and the cloning it part of the bats using the time powerup on you ;)
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

Hi all,

After pondering over this decision, I've decided to release the current beta of Turtle: Invaders. The reason is that I don't have too many testers (Me and 4 others) and we're not always active about testing (mainly due to life and such, but development is done asap when I'm off of work). So, to meet my goal of releasing the game officially before the end of the month (or before I go back to school). Whichever happens first, really.

See my blog for the changelog:

http://www.jpostelnek.blogspot.com
Attachments
game.love
Love 0.9.2
(6.18 MiB) Downloaded 190 times
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Hi! Opened the game, ran the .love file with 0.9.2, selected "New Game" with the spacebar, and here's the error I get right after that. Nice error handler!

Code: Select all

[Error time] Sun Aug  9 11:50:08 2015

Error

states/partymode.lua:23: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'gameW' (a nil value)

Traceback

states/menu.lua:168: in function 'menu_movecursor'
	states/menu.lua:114: in function <states/menu.lua:104>
	main.lua:1132: in function <main.lua:1126>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'

[System OS] Linux

[Power info] State: Unknown

[Processing cores] 2
I'm using LÖVE 0.9.2, you should include that in the error report in case someone uses the wrong version by mistake; it'd make things easier
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

Nixola,

Thanks for that. Oddly it didn't crash for me (but I deleted my settings anyway to be sure and it still didn't crash). Anyhow, I moved those variables elsewhere (main.lua before anything loads just to be safe--totally not hacky or anything ;) ) Here's a new version with synced powerups on netplay and other fixes (and the added Love version suggestion to the error handler).

EDIT:
I left over some debug stuff from the last edit. Redownload :oops:
Attachments
game.love
(6.47 MiB) Downloaded 191 times