.exe distribution don't works

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
vitail
Prole

.exe distribution don't works

Post by vitail »

i maked a little game in love, the game in a .love launcher runs perfect, but, if i change it to .exe(i readed the documentation about it) with the cmd etc, etc, no detects a game, and i need to put all the .dll to run the .exe.

radgeRayden
Prole

Re: .exe distribution don't works

Post by radgeRayden »

You're actually supposed to include the dlls in your distribution package, since love is dynamically linked with them.
vitail
Prole

Post by vitail »

radgeRayden wrote:You're actually supposed to include the dlls in your distribution package, since love is dynamically linked with them.
and how i can fix that, because my .exe dont detect the game inside the .exe
radgeRayden
Prole

Post by radgeRayden »

No, you see, for several reasons you can't really "fix that". For your game to run, you must have all DLLs inside the same folder as the exe.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I think vitail is trying to say their exe file just shows the no game screen. If so, make sure you've packaged the game as a zip, and nothing else. Only zips work (and only zips are supported anyway).
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

bartbes wrote:I think vitail is trying to say their exe file just shows the no game screen. If so, make sure you've packaged the game as a zip, and nothing else. Only zips work (and only zips are supported anyway).
If that was the problem, the .love wouldn't work, would it?
radgeRayden wrote:No, you see, for several reasons you can't really "fix that". For your game to run, you must have all DLLs inside the same folder as the exe.
Look at the screenshot. We can clearly see that the .dll files are there.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

From looking at the commandline only, i see that the second time, he tried to copy "srolling.love" when clearly he renamed the zip "srollingc.love", hence why the copy command didn't echo the second file, so it came up as the no game screen...

i might be wrong though, but it does seem plausible
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
radgeRayden
Prole

Post by radgeRayden »

T-Bone wrote:Look at the screenshot. We can clearly see that the .dll files are there.
I understood he didn't want to have to attach DLL's to his project, but you may be right.