[DEPRECATED] Experimental iOS port (LÖVE 0.9.2)

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
TripleXero
Prole

Re: Experimental iOS port (LÖVE 0.9.2)

Post by TripleXero »

I spent the last few days since I made that post trying to get OS X in Virtual Box after a few failed attempts, finally got it and Xcode, had some failed attempts at Xcode and finally got the app out of it, but now I have a blank app named "love" that says "Installing..." on my phone, even though it was put on through iTunes and it's done syncing, and trying to run it before making the .ipa in Xcode worked fine. I don't know. At this point I just need a break from attempting to get this to work with no knowledge of this stuff beforehand. I'll try that site a bit later on, but thanks for bringing it up
deathbeam
Prole

Post by deathbeam »

You need to own Mac. End of story.
undef
Party member

Post by undef »

TripleXero wrote:I spent the last few days since I made that post trying to get OS X in Virtual Box after a few failed attempts, finally got it and Xcode, had some failed attempts at Xcode and finally got the app out of it, but now I have a blank app named "love" that says "Installing..." on my phone, even though it was put on through iTunes and it's done syncing, and trying to run it before making the .ipa in Xcode worked fine. I don't know. At this point I just need a break from attempting to get this to work with no knowledge of this stuff beforehand. I'll try that site a bit later on, but thanks for bringing it up
If you manage to get it running without a Mac make sure to write a tutorial on it!
Good luck!
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

What about a Hackintosh?
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Anything that runs OS X 10.9 or newer and has Xcode should work (in theory.)
spill
Prole

Post by spill »

I'm fairly consistently getting an EXC_BAD_ACCESS in lj_vm_growstack_l. Any ideas why that could be happening?
[Edit] To clarify, this is when running on an iPhone 6.
Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 5.10.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 5.10.53 PM.png (211.26 KiB) Viewed 7853 times
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

spill wrote:I'm fairly consistently getting an EXC_BAD_ACCESS in lj_vm_growstack_l. Any ideas why that could be happening?
It might be a bug in the version of LuaJIT 2.1-alpha that LÖVE for iOS uses.

I just rebuilt the LuaJIT library for iOS using the latest code from LuaJIT's repository, so maybe you could try the updated version (replace the 'include' and 'libraries' folders in love/platform/ios/ with the ones in this download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/421 ... raries.zip ).
spill
Prole

Post by spill »

slime wrote:
spill wrote:I'm fairly consistently getting an EXC_BAD_ACCESS in lj_vm_growstack_l. Any ideas why that could be happening?
It might be a bug in the version of LuaJIT 2.1-alpha that LÖVE for iOS uses.

I just rebuilt the LuaJIT library for iOS using the latest code from LuaJIT's repository, so maybe you could try the updated version (replace the 'include' and 'libraries' folders in love/platform/ios/ with the ones in this download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/421 ... raries.zip ).
That seems to have fixed the problem! Thank you very much! :awesome:
covetiii
Prole

Post by covetiii »

This is pretty cool!

I am having trouble with my sound sources. They seem to always loop even when I set them to not loop. The love file works fine on my mac (the sound sources don't loop), but on my iPad the sources always loop. This is the lua code I use to set up the sound:

Code: Select all

local node = {}
    node.src = love.audio.newSource(sound)
    node.obj = obj
    node.callbox = callback

node.src:setPosition( obj.p.x, obj.p.y, 0 )
    node.src:setVelocity( obj.v.x, obj.v.y, 0 )
    node.src:setLooping( loop or false )
    node.src:setVolume( volume or 1 )
    node.src:setPitch( pitch or 1 )
    node.src:play()
    _.push(q, node) 
If you want to try the love file it's here: http://s5plot.com/Racing.love. It's a game I am making for my kids (ages 3 and 5). The above source code is in sound.lua. I'm not sure if it's something I am doing wrong or a bug with the port. I would appreciate any help.
Ulydev
Party member

Post by Ulydev »

covetiii wrote:I am having trouble with my sound sources. They seem to always loop even when I set them to not loop.
I've been getting this issue too from the very beginning, but I've never been able to get an answer. Here's the workaround I use in my published games :

Code: Select all

sounds = {}
  sounds.time = {}
  sounds["test"] = love.audio.newSource("test.wav")
  sounds.time["test"] = 0.2 --the length of your audio file

function playSound(sound)
    local time = sounds.time[sound]
    if iOS then flux.to(sounds, time, {}):oncomplete(function() sounds[sound]:stop() end) end
    return sounds[sound]:play()
  end
  local testSound = playSound("test")