Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Re: Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by Nikolai Resokav »

arampl wrote:Does anybody used Tree component?
Can't figure out how to make it work.

P.S. I'm getting an error about "iconwidth" var (nil value) when trying to add node.
The tree object was never finished, so its likely to cause errors if you use it.
duckdotexe wrote:What are the chances you could add a Resize callback to objects? It'd be fired when love.resize is called. It'd be really helpful for resizing toolbars automatically when the window changes size.

I know you can already do that by doing it right in love.resize but I wish I could just do it right on the object.
This won't be added in the official version, as I'm currently not developing Love Frames anymore. However, I am currently working on a new UI library to replace Love Frames which will have support for object resizing and what not.
Guard13007
Party member

Post by Guard13007 »

Nikolai Resokav wrote:This won't be added in the official version, as I'm currently not developing Love Frames anymore. However, I am currently working on a new UI library to replace Love Frames which will have support for object resizing and what not.
Is the code posted anywhere? / What's the status on it?
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

He has been hush hush about it. I think it's hosted on his own server currently.
Muzz
Citizen

Post by Muzz »

Oh man, really interested to see how the new ui is.

It must be a serious upgrade if it was enough to remake it from scratch :D!
speeddown
Prole

Post by speeddown »

Hey I'm using LoveFrames in my project and I'm having an issue with the text object not displaying numbers at all.

It will display text fine but using numbers is a no go. Anyone know anything about this issue?

Works:
text = loveframes.Create("text", frame)
text:SetText("working text")

Doesn't Work:
text:SetText(40)
--or--
text:SetText(""..40)
--or--
text:SetText("40")
Jack5500
Party member

Post by Jack5500 »

speeddown wrote:Hey I'm using LoveFrames in my project and I'm having an issue with the text object not displaying numbers at all.

It will display text fine but using numbers is a no go. Anyone know anything about this issue?

Works:
text:SetText("working text")

Doesn't Work:
text:SetText(40)
--or--
text:SetText(""..40)
--or--
text:SetText("40")
Works for me, maybe you could show us more of your code
speeddown
Prole

Post by speeddown »

Wow I made a mistake. I figured it out. Its the font, it doesnt have special characters or numbers. I was about to post that special characters dont work either and it just hit me. Thank you.
speeddown
Prole

Post by speeddown »

Anyone ever encounter a problem with buttons not being clickable?

I checked the source code and by default a new object is clickable, enabled, etc. The hover works as intended, it changes color and all. In fact I CAN click on the button but it doesn't "un-click". Basically I click and it stays pushed in. It's a very basic button, not much to it, kinda testing buttons at this point.

*EDIT
Seems it's not just buttons that aren't working. If I create a frame, I can click on it to drag it around but I am unable to let the frame go. I have to close the game.
Nikolai Resokav
Party member

Post by Nikolai Resokav »

speeddown wrote:Anyone ever encounter a problem with buttons not being clickable?

I checked the source code and by default a new object is clickable, enabled, etc. The hover works as intended, it changes color and all. In fact I CAN click on the button but it doesn't "un-click". Basically I click and it stays pushed in. It's a very basic button, not much to it, kinda testing buttons at this point.

*EDIT
Seems it's not just buttons that aren't working. If I create a frame, I can click on it to drag it around but I am unable to let the frame go. I have to close the game.
Did you add loveframes.mousereleased to love.mousereleased?
murks
Party member

Post by murks »

Does this library work with Löve 0.10.0?