Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
zorg
Party member

Re: Löve Frames - A GUI Library

Post by zorg »

murks wrote:Does this library work with Löve 0.10.0?
Literally in the first post: :3
Nikolai Resokav wrote:Note: Löve Frames is only compatible with versions 0.8.0 and 0.9.0 of LÖVE.
Edit: On the previous page:
Nikolai Resokav wrote:...I'm currently not developing Love Frames anymore. However, I am currently working on a new UI library to replace Love Frames which will have support for object resizing and what not.
Last edited by zorg on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
murks
Party member

Post by murks »

Ok, thanks.
I am rather certain that post was last updated well before the release of löve 0.10.0 so I thought the post might be outdated.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

murks wrote:Ok, thanks.
I am rather certain that post was last updated well before the release of löve 0.10.0 so I thought the post might be outdated.
There is a fork by someone that updates loveframes. Idk where it's at though. Maybe ask on irc to see who's it is.
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

To make it work with 0.10.0, you just need to update the stencil code to the new system, apart from that it works without problems!
Dev
Prole

Post by Dev »

bobbyjones wrote:
There is a fork by someone that updates loveframes. Idk where it's at though. Maybe ask on irc to see who's it is.
This is the fork right here. The stencil system was updated. Not sure if anything else is broken though. But Fenrir said that's the only problem so there you go.

https://github.com/cyborgize/LoveFrames
Jack5500
Party member

Post by Jack5500 »

Kenny, are you going to share any information on your new library in the near future? Really looking forward to it
meffcio
Prole

Post by meffcio »

Dev wrote:
bobbyjones wrote:
This is the fork right here. The stencil system was updated. Not sure if anything else is broken though. But Fenrir said that's the only problem so there you go.

https://github.com/cyborgize/LoveFrames
I took your love-frames demo 0.10.0 fork and provided it with 0.10.0 loveframes fork, and it doesn't work. It runs ok, but after clicking anything:
loveframes.PNG
loveframes.PNG (35.39 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
Kenny Shields
Prole

Post by Kenny Shields »

Jack5500 wrote:Kenny, are you going to share any information on your new library in the near future? Really looking forward to it
I plan on releasing a public alpha version soon, though I can't make any promises of when that will be. If you'd like more information feel free to send me an email or private message.
zell2002
Citizen

Post by zell2002 »

Fenrir wrote:To make it work with 0.10.0, you just need to update the stencil code to the new system, apart from that it works without problems!
what do you mean sorry ?

I get an issue here :
love.graphics.setStencilTest(true)

I can see the function needs a string and then number, ie( "greater", 0) - however I dont understand what it is doing at this point and thus what the correct fix is, any pointers?
yarlesp
Prole

Post by yarlesp »

neither the tooltips or the menus are working in this. i'm using love 0.9.0.

heres the code that creates the popup menu i want. it's called from love.mousepressed and moving this code to that function doesn't do anything

(that last line is for me, it prints a string on-screen. the string prints "menu x y" whenever i right-click, so i know all the code is being executed and the menu exists)

Code: Select all

function game.popup_menu(x, y)
  if not loveframes.util.GetHoverObject() then
    local bldgmenu = loveframes.Create("menu")
    bldgmenu:AddOption("Details", false, function() end)
    bldgmenu:AddOption("Demolish", false, function() end)
    bldgmenu:SetPos(x, y):SetVisible(true)
    util.add_debug_string(bldgmenu:GetType().." "..bldgmenu:GetX().." "..bldgmenu:GetY())
  end
end
and here's the definition of my gui. that last tooltip i define for the 'elec' button never shows up when i hover over the elec button.

for the record the first part of the gui, all the way down to the tooltip, shows up and seems to function fine. its just these two elements im having problems with. thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Code: Select all

-- load the map and gui
function game.load()
  loveframes.SetState("gamegui")

local sidebar = loveframes.Create("frame")
  sidebar:SetName("CAnyon")
  sidebar:SetSize(110, 600)
  sidebar:SetState("gamegui")
  sidebar:SetDraggable(false):ShowCloseButton(false):SetAlwaysOnTop(true)

local elec = loveframes.Create("button", sidebar):SetSize(20, 20):SetPos(5, 30):SetText("!")
  local water = loveframes.Create("button", sidebar):SetSize(20, 20):SetPos(30, 30):SetText("W")
  local weapons = loveframes.Create("button", sidebar):SetSize(20, 20):SetPos(55, 30):SetText(">")
  local food = loveframes.Create("button", sidebar):SetSize(20, 20):SetPos(80, 30):SetText("F")

local elec_tooltip = loveframes.Create("tooltip")
  elec_tooltip:SetObject(elec):SetText("Electric grid mapmode")
end