Loophole - 2D Puzzle Platformer

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: Loophole - 2D Puzzle Platformer

Post by qubodup »

Pretty cool but too hard for me and I really miss some sounds :)

lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
skyHights
Citizen

Post by skyHights »

A very fun game, it has a very 'Thomas was Alone' sort of feeling going, is there supost to be a world nine, as it crashes upon trying to load it.
Learning to Löve.
Fang86
Prole

Post by Fang86 »

You should add a pause menu with a quit function and configurable settings.
CKlidify
Prole

Post by CKlidify »

Hey, I really liked your game so I made a 3DS port of it. You can find it here if you wanna check it out: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-loo ... rt.399585/
Korosu
Prole

Post by Korosu »

Sorry, haven't looked here in a while,

Thanks for the port man, nice to see people like it enough to contribute :awesome:

There is a pause currently (Esc key) but no menu for it, I might add resolution options so it isnt forced full screen (I know some people hate that)

I am planning a level editor built in, the current editor however is not even close to usable (I think it takes more effort to get a level out of it than making a new editor would take), it only works for me as I know what to fudge and where :P

covetiii - Is that level doable?! I think you might have beaten me if it is. I'll leave it in the commented code for a bit, if someone can prove its doable then it'll go in at a sensible point :D
"It just needs a few small tweaks", 5 hours pass, "Lets just start again"
ellomenop
Prole

Post by ellomenop »

Korosu wrote: covetiii - Is that level doable?! I think you might have beaten me if it is. I'll leave it in the commented code for a bit, if someone can prove its doable then it'll go in at a sensible point :D
Its been a while since this comment, but that level is definitely doable.

I have attached another version of the game that is ported to the newest version of love (0.10.1) with that level added as level 9. I also changed the control scheme to arrow keys, shift to show tp, z to swap, x to tp and c to restart. I found this much more comfortable.

Lastly, theres a bug in the physics that allows you to pass through the corner of blocks. I attached a screenshot of it happening (you fall through the block completely). I wasn't about to go digging through your physics implementation and find the issue (probably missing an edge case and not setting "grounded"), but its fairly easy to reproduce on level one once you get the timing down.
Attachments
Loophole.love
(57.54 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 1.57.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 1.57.26 PM.png (25.38 KiB) Viewed 5536 times
varpeti
Prole

Post by varpeti »

Hello!
I really loved play this game.
But so hard, because, the Hungarian keyboard is crazy: the "z" key replaced the "y" key.
so annoying :/
Sry4MyBadEng :3
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

varpeti wrote:Hello!
I really loved play this game.
But so hard, because, the Hungarian keyboard is crazy: the "z" key replaced the "y" key.
so annoying :/
You can always edit the source for yourself, and swap the keys to your liking.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

The 0.10 version can make use of the new keyscan parameter, to avoid that problem.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

I forgot that I played this before and tried it again and managed to handle the teleporter this time. :)

At first I thought it was way to hard and was going to suggest that rather than a timer you would have slow motion re-entry, so you can adapt to your velocity but when I realized you can teleport while the timer counts down, that made it much more playable. I bet many won't notice though.

Definitely needs some audio and an Southern American English narrator! ;)

https://youtu.be/4xQ3UxVcvm4

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize I was playing an old version.

I got very confused switching to Z X C though (accidental reloads, mixing up z and x...) so I put the controls back for the last level :)

https://youtu.be/ajo0SZoKhlg

By the way, mixed z/y is the same on DE German keyboards but the French perhaps have it worst: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:KB_France.svg
Last edited by qubodup on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)