Material - Love (Material Design for LÖVE)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Re: Material - Love (Material Design for LÖVE)

Post by RamiLego4Game »

Awesome library :awesome: , Thanks for it man :nyu: .

Hmm, I'm going to add support for skins to use this library in my new wip secret gui lib, But... I have a little problem...
I'm using an Asus laptop which have a basic graphics card that can't compile love2d shader :ehem: , So, Can you add a little assertion to prevent the library from crashing when shader's aren't supported ? Just prevent it from drawing, without giving errors.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

RamiLego4Game wrote:Awesome library :awesome: , Thanks for it man :nyu: .

Hmm, I'm going to add support for skins to use this library in my new wip secret gui lib, But... I have a little problem...
I'm using an Asus laptop which have a basic graphics card that can't compile love2d shader :ehem: , So, Can you add a little assertion to prevent the library from crashing when shader's aren't supported ? Just prevent it from drawing, without giving errors.
No problem! I loved making this library, it has many bugs though and you'll find yourself fighting against edge cases quite often hahaha but I hope it works for you.

About the shader stuff, my computer doesnt support shader nor canvas either so I added a check to THE ONLY section that uses a shader here, here and here, I'm not sure why it errors for you, have you checked with the latest version instead of the demo?
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Post by RamiLego4Game »

Thanks for the answer, The problem has been fixed by updating the graphics driver, The old driver had a problem in compiling the shaders :P. Thanks for slime because he helped me debug the problem.
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Post by RamiLego4Game »

You confused me why I can't change the depth of the shadow..., there is not a center argument to the nine.draw function !
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

RamiLego4Game wrote:You confused me why I can't change the depth of the shadow..., there is not a center argument to the nine.draw function !
You should remove the center argument from your draw calls, there's an issue with the docs.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Ranguna259 wrote: You should remove the center argument from your draw calls, there's an issue with the docs.
Fixed the docs. I should probably work on 2.0.0

Since the last additions to the spec are pretty awesome
end
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Post by RamiLego4Game »

Well, I should push a pull request with LÖVE 0.10.1 patches..., But I want someone who's good with shaders to update the image shader to gl es inorder to be cross platform.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Well you can always put issues on the tracker and I will try to fix them, as I did with the latest issue that was supporting the new Stencil functions in the Ripples library.

I thought that the shader was pretty cross platform, what's the issue you are having?
When I first wrote it (re-wrote because it was written by Mrmaxmeier and I just made it clearer) I tried to make it so that it would work on GLES devices, do you know what isn't working? Could you please provide me a log or something?
end
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Hey folks!

I made a BIG update to this project 2 weeks ago, since there was some interest around this, Material Love should now work in 0.10.1 without issues, plus the sRGB bugs that were around have been fixed so you now get the same awesome shadows regardless of Gamma Correction.

I also updated the icons (1722 icons!!) and Roboto fonts.

I also updated the demo and the release to be on the latest commit so it is easier to grab.

In the future as I said I want to remake this library, some aspects I have worked on are transitions in shadows, changing the easing in ripple effects, fixing some issues with the drawicons library, making libraries more independent, and implementing higher level objects like Cards, Buttons, FABs and whatnot.

This new library will be called Material-World, but will take some time since I'm not developing on it as I should. But if you have suggestion about what you wanna see please tell me!
end