love.ulydev.com - share and play your games online!

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
undef
Party member

Re: love.ulydev.com - share and play your games online!

Post by undef »

Ah, such a pity!
I suppose hosting all the games is too expensive, isn't it?
Would it be possible to make a drag and drop tool out of this to make html5 distribution for itch.io etc. easier?
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!
Ulydev
Party member

Post by Ulydev »

Hosting is not an issue, don't worry. It's just that I'm not seeing any traffic on this website nor on the github, so if nobody uses it I might just remove it. It was supposed to be a simple/temporary project to learn Meteor anyways.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

I would be seriously interested in hosting a copy of your website, at least for personal use if no one else uses it; would you be ok with that?
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

I would be interested in a way to easily re-package .love files for this Emscripten port, something like what you have but that would give me the generated code (HTML, JS, and basic folder structure, that could run headless without a server), so that I can upload it to other sites like itch.io or Gamejolt.

Is there a way to do this? Does the port support running games without a server directly in the client? I think there would be further interest in this.

An alternative would be a way to embed your page in other sites somehow

Also your site was really nice to test support of games in this Emscripten port (although my computer is crap so 2 FPS didn't make anything usable)
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

@Ulydev Your project would be a nice addition to itch.io. At least for uploaded love files.
Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

Ulydev wrote:Hosting is not an issue, don't worry. It's just that I'm not seeing any traffic on this website nor on the github, so if nobody uses it I might just remove it. It was supposed to be a simple/temporary project to learn Meteor anyways.
It's a shame, it's a great project. Maybe leave it time?

Although it doesn't work for my game, but this has to be a Love.js issue.
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com
Tanner
Party member

Post by Tanner »

Stifu sort of illustrates why I think this kind of thing is hard to pull off. I can look at the game he linked, open my dev console in Chrome and immediately know that he just has to make his shaders compatible with OpenGL ES2 and his game will probably run fine. But I'm not sure how to bridge that knowledge gap since it touches web dev and shader dev which are fairly disparate disciplines, normally. The dev HTML for Love.js at least dumps that text to the page so you don't need to open the console but it's hard to tell how much that helped.
Ulydev
Party member

Post by Ulydev »

Stifu wrote:It's a shame. Maybe leave it time?
You're right.

I just bought another month of hosting so that the community can keep sharing the LÖVE online! :nyu:

As Tanner very rightfully said, this project is hard to set up because of all the unexpected issues the user might encounter at such an early stage.
I'm going to keep working on this project, add new features and improve compatibility (everything isn't directly related to love.js, so I can take care of some stuff).

Please tell me if you have any suggestions, I'd love some help. ;)

Also, I was thinking of upgrading this website by buying a custom domain name (right now, it's a sub-domain of ulydev.com).
I'm going to purchase a domain in the next few days, do you guys have any ideas for a cool name? :awesome:
undef
Party member

Post by undef »

Awesome!

You could preregister love.games, but it's probably very difficult to get - and it will take some time before it's available.
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!
Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

Ulydev wrote:
Stifu wrote:It's a shame. Maybe leave it time?
You're right.

I just bought another month of hosting so that the community can keep sharing the LÖVE online! :nyu:
Nice. :)
I'd be happy to help if I can. Whenever we get our game working, we'll definitely link to your site from our little blog.
Ulydev wrote:I'm going to purchase a domain in the next few days, do you guys have any ideas for a cool name? :awesome:
I dunno... A few random ideas:
  • uLove.js
  • EasyLove.js
  • EzLove.js
  • Drag & Love.js
  • LÖVE the web
  • Share the LÖVE
Then you can pick the adequate domain name. Shame ".js" isn't available as a top-level domain.
Tanner wrote:Stifu sort of illustrates why I think this kind of thing is hard to pull off. I can look at the game he linked, open my dev console in Chrome and immediately know that he just has to make his shaders compatible with OpenGL ES2 and his game will probably run fine.
Thanks for the guidance, we'll look into it.
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com