[LIKO-12 V1.0.0] An open-source fantasy computer made in LÖVE

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Re: [LIKO-12 V0.0.1 PRE] A pico-8 clone with extra abilities and editors !

Post by RamiLego4Game »

Sure, I already wanted to ask yor that, everything is possible but without breaking the graphics
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Re: [LIKO-12 V0.0.2 PRE] An open-source pico-8-inspired game dev environment for love2d

Post by RamiLego4Game »

New Release V0.0.3 PRE:
1. Bugfixed V0.0.2 pre bugs (about 5/6 bugs) :)
2. Recoded the code editor to support vertical scrolling (no length limit anymore) [not fully bugtested..]
3. Fixed run command sandboxing and added "run [args]"
4. Fixed a bug in the tictactoe demo,type "delete demos" "load demos/tictactoe" "run"

Download: https://github.com/RamiLego4Game/LIKO-12/releases/

Screenshot:
technomancy
Prole

Re: [LIKO-12 V0.0.3 PRE] An open-source pico-8-inspired game dev environment for love2d

Post by technomancy »

I played around a bit with this last night and came up with a 100-line space invaders clone: https://p.hagelb.org/shoot.lk12

(It depends on some features which haven't been merged to master yet; see https://github.com/technomancy/LIKO-12/tree/latest)
cosme12
Prole

Re: [LIKO-12 V0.0.3 PRE] An open-source pico-8-inspired game dev environment for love2d

Post by cosme12 »

I've never got interested in LUA at all until I found this project. I can't buy the pico-8 either so It will be fun to get into this with a funny project. Keep it up with the good work, it looking awesome!!

I will be back with ideas after I finish reading all the manuals and break some stuff :D
Alexar
Party member

Post by Alexar »

That's good job ! what about Voxatron ? ^^
cosme12
Prole

Post by cosme12 »

Here is a small game I made with LIKO-12
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Post by RamiLego4Game »

Alexar wrote:That's good job ! what about Voxatron ? ^^
Thanks for feedback :D . Voxatron, haha... Löve is a 2D framwork, and I don't aim to clone someone others project to ruin his life, I made liko12 because I'm not able to buy it, and to program something pico8 programmers wanted (no tokens limit, and extra abilities, and more deployment friendly), it looks like liko12 is a pico8, but I have bigger goals for it that will start to show later in v0.0.6.
RamiLego4Game
Citizen

Post by RamiLego4Game »

cosme12 wrote:Image

Here is a small game I made with LIKO-12
Awesome, the first person to come not in love2d commenity !

The game is so good, but the code is messy, I'll include it in v0.0.5
cosme12
Prole

Post by cosme12 »

Well, here is another effect I made using LIKO 12.
brunosxs
Prole

Post by brunosxs »

AWESOME
I bought pico8 last week. I am a sucker for pixel art and retrocomputing so when I read about the pico8 I feel in love with the concept but I was also hoping for a more open enviroment...
I know python and javascript and wanted to do something to learn love2d.

Don't let this little idea die...
But I'd recommend one thing: Change the tone of the project, from a "clone of pico8" to a "virtual retro console" or something around those lines as being a clone can be detrimental for the project.