[WIP] shooting game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
o2n
Prole

[WIP] shooting game

Post by o2n »

I made a small game using LÖVE and I thought I'd share it. It has 16 different weapons and lots of enemies.

Attachments
game.love
(682.87 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: [WIP] shooting game

Post by Jasoco »

I really love this. It looks neat, is colorful, and was easy to figure out without needing any explanation text. The pixellation gives it a nice charming feel. I learned on my own about how the edges of the screen kill you instead of wrapping you by running into them and killing myself. Oops. Maybe you could have a flashing red wall come up if you get too close to the edge that acts like a neat looking proximity alarm.

Keep working on it! All it really needs is a menu and high score. Oh, and make it so we can resize the window freely and put it in maximize (So on macOS we can do desktop fullscreen mode) and add a key for the other fullscreen style. If you need help figuring out the best way, I can provide suggestions. (I notice in your conf.lua file you have the "resizable" flag set to true, but for some reason I can't do it when the game starts. So I guess it's being overridden with a false later.)
o2n
Prole

Post by o2n »

Thank you for the feedback, Jasoco!
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

This is really good, but I feel like it could be much better with some minimal sound effects. Nice work :)
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
cere_ender
Prole

Post by cere_ender »

I love this game. Simple graphics and gameplay, and really addictive.
Nice title game 11/10 IGN
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Very nice!
I would make the player a slightly different color though, to be able to differentiate better between player and shots. Especially towards the end of the animation, it gets very messy on screen...
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

Wow it's beautiful! :)
ExtraTerrestrial
Prole

Post by ExtraTerrestrial »

Doesn't seem to work on android "cannot compile shader code' I'm really new at this but if you don't mind I could try to get it to work for Android it looks like it would play well