Arne's games now on Android

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
rsn
Prole

Arne's games now on Android

Post by rsn »

My games now work on Android (using touch controls if necessary), in addition to Windows and OSX. A .apk file for Android is available at both links.

Arne's Breakout: http://www.github.com/arneschwettmann/a ... t/releases
ArnesBreakout_shot0.jpg
ArnesBreakout_shot0.jpg (55.6 KiB) Viewed 4679 times
Features:
- physics-based brick breaking game
- up to two player simultaneous
- hand-coded physics with freely movable player bat, (in)elastic collisions, gravity etc.

Arne's Spacetaxi: http://www.github.com/arneschwettmann/a ... i/releases
ArnesSpaceTaxi_shot1.jpg
ArnesSpaceTaxi_shot1.jpg (49.84 KiB) Viewed 4679 times
Features:
- classic gravity-based lander gameplay
- up to 5 player simultaneous
- pixel-perfect collisions
- speech samples
Last edited by rsn on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadByte
Party member

Re: Arne's games now on Android

Post by MadByte »

Cool, finally someone else who's working on an Space Taxi game :awesome:
rsn
Prole

Post by rsn »

Thanks I dig your Airtaxi, especially the level editor. Your game is very hard :)

In my game the level editing is done by just drawing a pixel mask in some paint program, the masks are in the source directory. The masks are loaded in addition to the background graphics, and are used to determine the meaning of each pixel. Currently, the colors of the pixels in the mask determine whether a pixel is a deadly wall, a fuel platform or a passenger platform. The idea is to use other colors in the pixel masks in the future for elevators and other gimmicks. Anybody with a paint program can in principle make new levels already. But I have no gimmicks yet (no elevators, no forcefields, no conveyor belts etc.)
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

rsn wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:44 pm Thanks I dig your Airtaxi, especially the level editor. Your game is very hard :)
Thanks, it's supposed to be hard and a bit more fast-paced then the original game :)
rsn wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:44 pm In my game the level editing is done by just drawing a pixel mask in some paint program, the masks are in the source directory. The masks are loaded in addition to the background graphics, and are used to determine the meaning of each pixel. Currently, the colors of the pixels in the mask determine whether a pixel is a deadly wall, a fuel platform or a passenger platform. The idea is to use other colors in the pixel masks in the future for elevators and other gimmicks. Anybody with a paint program can in principle make new levels already. But I have no gimmicks yet (no elevators, no forcefields, no conveyor belts etc.)
Yeah, sounds similar to the way the original game took (using bitmaps etc.) I'm still not sure which way I want to go for. I'd like to have simple line and slope collisions for the player but nothing fancy.
Good luck with your game, keep it coming :)
rsn
Prole

Post by rsn »

I added visible touch controls to Arne's SpaceTaxi, so both games work nicely on android phones now, with touch. Just download the .apk file.