Colorpix

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ninwa
Party member

Re: Colorpix

Post by ninwa »

Thursdaybloom wrote:
ninwa wrote:I sincerely apologize if even asking is bad form in the Love community
No, I sincerely apologise on behalf of the community if we've come across as people that easily upset. We're a community based on friendly, open-sourced game development so looking, modifying and learning from other peoples code is encouraged. I'm very glad you asked one87 for permission to repost. What people can/can't do with original code is off course up to the owner of that code so asking permission to repost is very polite and respectful. In regards to what I have quoted above though I definitely don't want you to feel like you have done anything wrong, or that this is bad form here. We're all here to help and to learn.
I appreciate your response. Being new here I didn't want to step on anybodies toes. Thanks again. =]
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

ninwa wrote:I appreciate your response. Being new here I didn't want to step on anybodies toes. Thanks again. =]
You have to try very hard to step on anyone's toes, so don't worry. ;)

Also, in general, people are usually glad and honoured if you improve on their work and post it in their topics.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
one87
Prole

Post by one87 »

ninwa wrote:One87,

I created a modified version including a menu screen which lets people easily choose between hard (25 moves) and easy (35) moves and saves a high-score for each mode. Would it be alright with you if I posted this? I sincerely apologize if even asking is bad form in the Love community, as I'm not sure how people here feel about having others so easily modify their work.

(The tiles in the background change colors.)

Regards,
Nin
Ninwa, this is great :)
I wanted to do this but couldn't find the time!

Thanks
ninwa
Party member

Post by ninwa »

one87 wrote:
ninwa wrote:One87,

I created a modified version including a menu screen which lets people easily choose between hard (25 moves) and easy (35) moves and saves a high-score for each mode. Would it be alright with you if I posted this? I sincerely apologize if even asking is bad form in the Love community, as I'm not sure how people here feel about having others so easily modify their work.

(The tiles in the background change colors.)

Regards,
Nin
Ninwa, this is great :)
I wanted to do this but couldn't find the time!

Thanks
http://www.josephbleau.com/colorpix_menu.love

It's nothing super crazy, just a quick hack-in, but it works! If anyone wants to take the time to fix the menu so it's not seizure inducing that'd be really cool. I did this awhile ago and am only posting now because One said it was alright, but I haven't revisited it to see if there was an easy way to freeze the menu colors and only change them once a second or something without storing each block, because on redraw, they go blank, if I try to only draw them on a timer.

Either way, enjoy!
Ninwa
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

ninwa wrote: Either way, enjoy!
Ninwa
Thanx, there was some time that this haven't any news or developments! I think this way it's better. Seeing that flashing menu intro, does Roguelike Engine intro screen inspiring other Love games? I hope so! :D
--------------------------------------------------------
To Do: Insert Signature Here
--------------------------------------------------------