Notepad++ shortcut

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
zapwow
Prole

Notepad++ shortcut

Post by zapwow »

If anyone is developing in Notepad++ and tired of dragging their folders onto love.exe to run them, you can create a keyboard shortcut with this handy command. Press F5, and enter exactly this:
c:\Progra~1\LOVE\love.exe "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
... assuming you've installed LOVE to the default directory. Click Save... and assign any keyboard shortcut you want. Now running your program takes a single keystroke!
Dr. Magnusson
Prole

Re: Notepad++ shortcut

Post by Dr. Magnusson »

Thank you!

This really makes testing a lot easier. Before I used bat files for this, but this makes it even easier than before :D
Carl
Prole

Post by Carl »

I know this is an old thread but I would like to get this working, I tried the code above but no luck so anyone got any ideas?
Skasi
Prole

Post by Skasi »

Well maybe you placed love in a different directory than zapwow, in this case you have to adjust the path. I suggest using the ... button to look for the love.exe and if you have found it, add "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)" (including the quote signs and with space between the command and the path to love.exe!) to the end of the input field.

Examples:

Code: Select all

C:\Programme\LOVE\love.exe "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
C:\Program Files\LOVE\love.exe "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
C:\LOVE\love.exe "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
D:\LOVE\love.exe "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
etc
Also shortcuts using CTRL do not seem to work (well at least ctrl+space does not for me). You also have to remember that this shortcut only works if you are viewing a file that is placed in the mainfolder.
ecliptic
Prole

Post by ecliptic »

This worked well for me, good tip! :)
osuf oboys
Party member

Post by osuf oboys »

Useful, thanks.

Skasi: I think it is rather that shortcuts that are already in use cannot be assigned. For instance, Ctrl+R works fine, for me at least, but not Ctrl+S. You can see the present shortcuts, or change/remove the ones you added, under settings>shortcut mapper.
If I haven't written anything else, you may assume that my work is released under the LPC License - the LÖVE Community. See http://love2d.org/wiki/index.php?title=LPC_License.
zipperipper
Prole

Post by zipperipper »

wow that is like.. a HUGE time saver! :ultrahappy:
Error 404, consciousness not found.
Xcmd
Party member

Post by Xcmd »

Better late that never, eh?

If you're running a 64-bit operating system (like me), and you've installed Love to the Program Files (x86) folder (like I did), then you may need to use the following command:

Code: Select all

C:\Progra~2\LOVE\love.exe "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
Note the use of "Progra~2" in lieu of "Progra~1".
We don't borrow, we don't read, we don't rent, we don't lease, we take the minds!
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

Am I the only Windows user that puts the love dir in the PATH env var so I can type love in the command prompt? It also makes my notepad++ run command:
"love" "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
Last edited by TechnoCat on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

TechnoCat wrote:Am I the only Windows user that puts the love dir in the path so I can type love in the command prompt?
No.

Ah, LÖVE on Windows. That was a long time ago...
Help us help you: attach a .love.