Nano Space

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Luke100000
Party member

Re: Nano Space

Post by Luke100000 »

Hmm, I think I know why most people don't play my game: they are scared for creating an account. I changed it so that the player can create a "guest" account and made email optional.
MetalMelnic
Prole

Re: Nano Space Ran Fine

Post by MetalMelnic »

I downloaded the game through your Lovum launcher and the game ran fine on Windows 10, not a single hiccup. Great job on the particle effects and you added a scoring system which encourages replays! One thing I think you could change is CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK'S text to be in all caps to fit in character. Great work!
Before we learn to run, we must first learn to walk;
before we learn to walk, we must first learn to crawl;
Why should programming be any different?
Luke100000
Party member

Re: Nano Space Ran Fine

Post by Luke100000 »

MetalMelnic wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:02 pm I downloaded the game through your Lovum launcher and the game ran fine on Windows 10, not a single hiccup. Great job on the particle effects and you added a scoring system which encourages replays! One thing I think you could change is CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK'S text to be in all caps to fit in character. Great work!
Thanks for the feedback!
I like how you have the same idea with Capslock like we had :) We decided to only write the first few words in caps since the text is hard to read if everything is in caps. But I think you are right, we will add some more caps!
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Just a quick heads up: you won't find many people with 32 bit LÖVE on Linux.
This is the error I'm getting anyway (on 64 bit, with 64 bit LÖVE):

Code: Select all

Error: main.lua:128: libcurl/libcurl.lua:10: libcurl/bin/mingw32/curl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Nixola wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:42 pm Just a quick heads up: you won't find many people with 32 bit LÖVE on Linux.
This is the error I'm getting anyway (on 64 bit, with 64 bit LÖVE):

Error: main.lua:128: libcurl/libcurl.lua:10: libcurl/bin/mingw32/curl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Yes, because libcurl does not work with 64 bit. I tried everything, but it always says "... is not a valid win32 application". Sorry for that :o:
The full post is on the first page.
When I next update my launcher (I found some bugs anyways) I will add support for 64bit, maybe it will work on Linux.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

I got it working (by changing libcurl/libcurl.lua line 10 to local C = ffi.load('/usr/lib/libcurl.so'), which I think should be enough to have it working on most Linux systems, but I am not sure), but now after downloading Nano Space the launcher just restarts when I try to play it.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Nixola wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am I got it working (by changing libcurl/libcurl.lua line 10 to local C = ffi.load('/usr/lib/libcurl.so'), which I think should be enough to have it working on most Linux systems, but I am not sure), but now after downloading Nano Space the launcher just restarts when I try to play it.
Thanks for telling me this, I just realized I did not updated the libcurl.lua file, the newest would recognize the OS and would start the correct one (only win 64 does not work)
I do not know why usr/lib/libcurl.so works, but the launcher contains the correct file anyways, I just forgot to launch it :/

But the game should not simple restart. When launching the game, it saves a file containing the game name, restarts the launcher and in the launchers conf.lua it automatically changes identity so it starts the game. It shouldn't restart the launcher :(
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Nixola, or any other Linux user: I've uploaded the new launcher (currently only the universal download on itch.io) with the fix. I hope it works.
Also, I think I found the error that cause crashes on the first launch.
Thanks for your support!
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Error: main.lua:141: libcurl/libcurl.lua:21: libcurl/bin/linux64/curl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
If I edit the line so that it tries to load libcurl.a, I get another error (invalid ELF header)
If I edit it so that it tries to load libcurl.so, I get this: "love: symbol lookup error: libcurl/bin/linux64/libcurl.so: undefined symbol: SSL_load_error_strings" and LÖVE crashes right away, not even showing the error screen.
If I edit it so that it loads /usr/lib/libcurl.so the launcher works, but again it just restarts when I try to launch a game.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Nixola wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Error: main.lua:141: libcurl/libcurl.lua:21: libcurl/bin/linux64/curl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
If I edit the line so that it tries to load libcurl.a, I get another error (invalid ELF header)
If I edit it so that it tries to load libcurl.so, I get this: "love: symbol lookup error: libcurl/bin/linux64/libcurl.so: undefined symbol: SSL_load_error_strings" and LÖVE crashes right away, not even showing the error screen.
If I edit it so that it loads /usr/lib/libcurl.so the launcher works, but again it just restarts when I try to launch a game.
Where does Linux try to find files? On Windows it first start to search for it in the working directory. "/usr/lib/libcurl.so" does not seem to be my file, isn't it? I could add /usr/lib/libcurl.so but I don't know if this works on every device.

In the case of the game not lauching error: try renaming Lovum.love to lovum.love (lower L) or add t.identity = "lovum" in the conf.lua. I think it starts with the identity "Lovum" since the love file has this name, while "lovum" is the correct identity. On Windows this error makes no difference.

Thanks for helping me :3