I need some help getting my game onto android...

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Ovidios
Prole

I need some help getting my game onto android...

Post by Ovidios »

I did my best trying to follow the guide on the wiki (https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... _-_Windows) but when running ant debug i get the following errors:
C:\Users\Ovidios\Desktop\MartinFelis-love-android-sdl2-35cd9f190025>ant debug
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in D:\Programme\JAVA SDK\lib\tools.jar
Buildfile: C:\Users\Ovidios\Desktop\MartinFelis-love-android-sdl2-35cd9f190025\build.xml

-set-mode-check:

-set-debug-files:

-check-env:
[checkenv] Android SDK Tools Revision 25.2.4
[checkenv] Installed at C:\Users\Ovidios\Desktop\ANDROID_SDK

-setup:
[echo] Project Name: love-android
[gettype] Project Type: Application

-set-debug-mode:

-debug-obfuscation-check:

-pre-build:

-build-setup:
[getbuildtools] Using latest Build Tools: 19.1.0
[echo] Resolving Build Target for love-android...

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Ovidios\Desktop\ANDROID_SDK\tools\ant\build.xml:538: Unable to resolve project target 'android-25'

Total time: 0 seconds
I feel like I followed the tutorial, but if you could tell me what I did wrong that'd be great. It might have something to do with the android SDK (I didn't get an installer but rather just the tools folder, even though running android.bat did generate some more files).

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: I just noticed I posted this in General. I suspect it belongs to the Support and Development forum? I don't know how to move this though, just wanted to say I'm sorry!
Pedin
Prole

Re: I need some help getting my game onto android...

Post by Pedin »

i have the same error :/
greboide
Prole

Post by greboide »

why dont you use android studio, it might be much easier for you, i got it working on linux with sdk and ndk install and gradle build after tweaking android versions on build files...anyway the error is pretty descriptive... Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in D:\Programme\JAVA SDK\lib\tools.jar
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Thank you greboide for pointing this out: the first thing you must learn to do when you become a programmer is to thoroughly read error messages.
0x25a0
Prole

Post by 0x25a0 »

Ovidios wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:22 pm when running ant debug i get the following errors:
BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Ovidios\Desktop\ANDROID_SDK\tools\ant\build.xml:538: Unable to resolve project target 'android-25'
I ran into the same error message, and was able to fix it by replacing

Code: Select all

target=android-25 
by

Code: Select all

target=android-19 
in project.properties.

However, for me ant didn't complain about the missing tools.jar , so that might be a separate problem.