emitor - Particle system editor

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
grump
Party member

Re: emitor - Particle system editor

Post by grump »

SiENcE wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:46 am
1. How is that bad naming? it's just coincidentally the same as some arcane MS stuff I've never even seen before. I don't give a shit.
No, no arcance MS stuff sorry. Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKCS_12 ... it's common pki stuff :).
Unless there's a compelling reason why it's bad to use the file extension, I keep not giving a shit. I made emitor in Linux and did not check if the extension is in use by anything when porting to Windows. You have to live with it, unless it breaks something.

Code: Select all

It doesn't state the architecture. x86 or x64? File access uses ffi stuff, the arch is the most important thing here. I tested on W7 x64 without problems, but did not test on x86.

Edit: from your screenshot I can tell it's x64 and it's a null pointer exception. I have seen this before when doing file access with ffi on Windows, but I can't currently reproduce it anymore on my test systems. Will keep trying though.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Ok only short, i tested it on Win7 64bit but with love-0.10.2 x86 and x64. Both result in the same problem.

If you can add some print outs/logs i can test it here and tell you when it breaks. Not urgent.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

I've uploaded a new version that fixes the segfault with broken symlinks on Linux.

I've also changed some WinAPI ffi calls that may be the cause of crashes on some Windows versions. SiENcE, this version might fix the crash you're experiencing. I would appreciate your feedback on this.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Loading and saving works now. Thank.

Very nice slick editor.

Are you open for enhancements?
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

SiENcE wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:30 pm Loading and saving works now.
Nice, thanks for testing.
Are you open for enhancements?
Sure, very much so.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

grump wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:43 pm Sure, very much so.
First the export sourcecode is exactly what i needed, as it was also integrated in APE.
For APE i planed, but never finished the arrangement of multiple particle effects into one.

I wanted to put layers ontop to create combined effects. Putting this ontop is only for visuals.

I know that timing the effects (on a timeline) is also a must to create AAA effects. But at least the layering should solve the problem of advanced visual effects.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

I started working on layered effects a while ago. I just didn't have time to finish it yet. Hopefully I will find the time after the holidays.

You'll be able to add/load emitters as layers, rearrange them and set a delay time for each layer.