[SOLVED] Making Audio Sources Exempt from World Positioning

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
WalterMays
Prole

[SOLVED] Making Audio Sources Exempt from World Positioning

Post by WalterMays »

I'm working on a game where I play both music and sound effects. Some effects should be placed "in the world," while others should be played at regular volume (e.g. sound effects for menu screens). Music should never be placed in the world. How can I make some sounds exempt from having their volume and stereo properties modified?
Last edited by WalterMays on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raidho36
Party member

Re: Making Audio Sources Exempt from World Positioning

Post by raidho36 »

You can play them in the same location as your sound listener. Using "setRelative" function will make the source track the listener.
Last edited by raidho36 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Also, stereo sources won't really be affected anyway.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
WalterMays
Prole

Post by WalterMays »

raidho36 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:11 pm You can play them in the same location as your sound listener. Using "setRelative" function will make the source track the listener.
That's exactly what I needed! I set the position to the position of the player, but if the player was moving it wouldn't work correctly. Thank you so much! That solved my problem.