LÖVE 11.1 released!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
MissDanish
Citizen

Re: LÖVE 11.1 released!

Post by MissDanish »

Karamel wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:20 pm Hi, I'm new to Love, I got the 11.1 version, when I open Love the no-game screen is only white, and an example do not work. I use Win 10.
Try updating your graphics card drivers
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

^ If that doesn't work, run dxdiag.exe and tell us what your DirectX version is, and what your graphics card & drivers are.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
Karamel
Prole

Post by Karamel »

milon wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:57 pm ^ If that doesn't work, run dxdiag.exe and tell us what your DirectX version is, and what your graphics card & drivers are.
Hi, thanks for the answers. I noticed that love.exe doesn't work cause it is 'forcing' himself to run at external graphics card, even by setting to run at integrated graphics. The external card driver is the lattest nvidia gforce v399.07.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Karamel wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:51 pm Hi, thanks for the answers. I noticed that love.exe doesn't work cause it is 'forcing' himself to run at external graphics card, even by setting to run at integrated graphics. The external card driver is the lattest nvidia gforce v399.07.
What's the DirectX version? I don't know anything helpful about nVidia, but I had a problem a long time ago with Windows 10 trying to use DirectX 9 or 10 (I forget now). It really should be running DirectX 11 or 12 for Windows 10.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Löve uses OpenGL though, not DX.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
littletinman
Prole

Post by littletinman »

2 questions:

1. Can we get 11.1 put into the Debian Stretch packages? Building from source on an Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 takes hours. It works great once it's installed and OpenGL is turned on!

2. If not does anyone have an online build of 11.1 for download specifically for Debian? Or can someone point me in a direction to get this setup?

Current Debian Stretch Package info: https://packages.debian.org/stretch/games/love
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

I think you can find precompiled binaries for the Pi in RetroPie. I told it to compile mine, so I'm not 100% sure. It's not for XWindow, though.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

zorg wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:57 pm Löve uses OpenGL though, not DX.
Oops, yup :)
girng
Prole

Post by girng »

ty for version

no black tile flickering for tilemaps (bad issue in godot) so i try convert my game to love2d. appreciated

i use sti addon, works beautiful. love2d (lua) api and syntax is very nice too

i am slowly transcending
gg
Prole

Post by gg »

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all the hard work and love that you put into this... I don't know where I would be without LÖVE!