Place the Tiles! - Some kind of Puzzle-Platformer

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Astorek86
Prole

Place the Tiles! - Some kind of Puzzle-Platformer

Post by Astorek86 »

Hi @ all,

I thought I could share the current State of a Hobby-Game I'm currently working on.

Your Goal: Reach that Smiley-Face to the Goal of every Level and avoid Obstacles. You can place on almost every Level some Blocks, which can be useful to reach the Goal.

At the Moment, the Game features 9 Levels. I will add more Levels soon, I hope^^.

Some Screens:

Music created by Eric Matyas from http://soundimage.org/ , which is properly credited in the Game ;) .
(And Thank you for sharing your Work! :) )

Price: Completely free. No plans to make Money with it; Programming is just a Hobby of mine^^.

Controls: Arrow-Keys to move Player (customizable InGame). Mouse to move Cursor; Leftclick to place Blocks. "R" for Quick-Restart.

Game was made with LÖVE 11.1 . So... Wish you Fun playing the Game! :)

Changelog:
0.5a
- Bugfix (SRC): On certain circumstances, Players weren't properly removed (especially if a Level includes more than one Player).
- Bugfix (EXE): Replace Win32-Version with a LÖVE-Version that works on Windows 10 with Updates 1809 installed.
Attachments
place_the_tiles_05a_win32.zip
(12.27 MiB) Downloaded 255 times
place_the_tiles_05a.love
(9.23 MiB) Downloaded 256 times
Last edited by Astorek86 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Place the Tiles! - Some kind of Puzzle-Platformer

Post by pgimeno »

Cool game! The description reminded me of Solomon's Key, but now that I've tried it I see you've made something completely different.

Just one thing. In the last level, one of the guys dies even if not hit by anything, after the gate is open and the other guy is saved. I didn't get why that is.
Astorek86
Prole

Post by Astorek86 »

Thank you for the kind words. :)
pgimeno wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 pm Just one thing. In the last level, one of the guys dies even if not hit by anything, after the gate is open and the other guy is saved. I didn't get why that is.
Oops, that was a Bug. Should be fixed now; I've uploaded a new Version (0.5a). Thanks for finding out that Bug^^.
karolek
Prole

Post by karolek »

Congrats on funny game! I like the variety of mechanics as for now, but I think the responsiveness of the player (friction and inertia) could be tweaked a little. It feels a little slippery now.

Keep up working!

And this level can be completed without using all the blocks ;)
Pkill-9
Prole

Post by Pkill-9 »

I liked it, nice
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Astorek86 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:23 pm
pgimeno wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 pm Just one thing. In the last level, one of the guys dies even if not hit by anything, after the gate is open and the other guy is saved. I didn't get why that is.
Oops, that was a Bug. Should be fixed now; I've uploaded a new Version (0.5a). Thanks for finding out that Bug^^.
Ah, works fine now, thanks ^.^

Thanks for saving the second guy from death! He will be forever grateful to you. :ultraglee: