Jellystastic

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
AdrianN
Citizen

Jellystastic

Post by AdrianN »

Hi all, I just finished the alpha to my first original game, and I would like to share and know some opinions about this game.

The game is very inspired in kirby games (super star), but mixed with another platformer games and other genres.

At the moment only have one level, you can change between 1-1-1 stage and 1-1-2 stage in real time.

Actually the assets is very simple, I'm working in that with a friend.

Controls :
  • "A" "D" : left and right
  • "W" : jump
  • "S" : ignore some collision (triangle steps, platformer and elevator) when you collide with these
  • "E" : Change level (only if you collide the door)
  • Mouse : shoot
  • "1"-"6" Weapons (sword,pistol,revolver,shotgun,assault rifle,Grenade Launcher)
  • "X" : sword
  • "P" : Pause
Screenshot :

Map :
1-1-1
1-1-2

More details and source code :
https://github.com/AdrianN17/Jellystastic
Attachments
jellystastic_alpha_v2.love
(93.53 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Last edited by AdrianN on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
karolek
Prole

Re: Jellystastic (Alpha-v2)

Post by karolek »

Hello, not bad, seems you have quite a lot of content, but the mechanics need polish.

Aside from not-so-snappy collision system, I feel that the game is a little unfair. Why do doors and elevators brake when hit with meteoryte? You can easily get stuck in wrong world without any hope for moving forward. And why every persona salvada turns into a zombie? Little unfair again :(

I think you could also work on integrating the worlds more, now you can easily feel that they are separate. Like the meteorytes are in different positions, bullets freeze when you go into doors.

Anyway, good luck, I will look forward to updates :)
AdrianN
Citizen

Re: Jellystastic (Alpha-v2)

Post by AdrianN »

karolek wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm Hello, not bad, seems you have quite a lot of content, but the mechanics need polish.

Aside from not-so-snappy collision system, I feel that the game is a little unfair. Why do doors and elevators brake when hit with meteoryte? You can easily get stuck in wrong world without any hope for moving forward. And why every persona salvada turns into a zombie? Little unfair again :(

I think you could also work on integrating the worlds more, now you can easily feel that they are separate. Like the meteorytes are in different positions, bullets freeze when you go into doors.

Anyway, good luck, I will look forward to updates :)
Hello, yes I thinking about it, and I'm working in the difficulty.

About the doors and elevators when the meteorite collides with those then I remove (destroyed),I'm thought
in "destructible environment games" when I maked this game, 1_1_1 and 1_1_2 is the same world but in different perspective, 1_1_1 is outdoors (enemies) and 1_1_2 indoors(people).

The zombies, is because you need to rescue the people and when you collide with slimes they become in zombies (I thought development that event otherwise, but the same end) ,and enemy bullets are freeze when you change stage, because is very simple change and avoid (you can destroyed with sword), thing that does not happen with player's bullet(remove when you change stage), and meteor is the same logic but random position in the camera.

The history of the game is a bit crazy, but I will try to explain it in the game.

Thanks for you reply
AdrianN
Citizen

Re: Jellystastic (Demo-v1)

Post by AdrianN »

Hi everyone, sorry for necropost but I update my old project.

I update my old game month ago but for time problem I stopped, I worked with a friend in it, because I'm not a good designer.

I worked about 4 month in this new version, also I share my code, maybe anyone are interest in it.

The game contain ENG language, by default.

Screenshoot

Source code : https://github.com/AdrianN17/Jellystastic
Attachments
Jellystastic_Demo.zip
(8.43 MiB) Downloaded 163 times