What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Kindermaus
Prole

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Kindermaus »

Looks good, MissDanish! Guessing it's a cyberpunk game by the stats/style? Lovely~ My brother would use the SPAZ, ha.

I had to optimize skeletal animations in my game by pushing it to C++ land. There's up to ~120 animations playing in the above area (trees have idle animations...), so I was getting a FPS hit. Need to optimize map code next by pushing the bulk of that to C++, as well (raycasting + path finding).
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
:emo: they / she
Duck Duckinson
Prole

Post by Duck Duckinson »

Still working in my game art.
Nonetheless, i'd prefer to have someone else to do that for me.
Ratchet
Citizen

Post by Ratchet »

Jasoco wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:16 am Image
I just love this. Looks so sweet :nyu: Well done! Can we test/use this?
I always wanted to do a UI or FakeOS like this but never did.
macOS 10.14 Mojave | LÖVE 11.2
ArchAngel075
Party member

Post by ArchAngel075 »

Nelvin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:02 pm Working on a city builder ... and having a shitload load of fun doing so ...

promogif-farm.gif
I would play this so much. also, The granary is allways full :halloween: and the peasants are revolting :brows:

Working on a Sci-fi game that is supermassive and open to players - inspired by Firefly the TV series - with dynamic quests (hopefully)
(Otherwise in unity working on a Dungeons and Dragons AR idea for my D&D group)
Nelvin
Party member

Post by Nelvin »

ArchAngel075 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 am
Nelvin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:02 pm Working on a city builder ... and having a shitload load of fun doing so ...
promogif-farm.gif
I would play this so much. also, The granary is allways full :halloween: and the peasants are revolting :brows:

Working on a Sci-fi game that is supermassive and open to players - inspired by Firefly the TV series - with dynamic quests (hopefully)
(Otherwise in unity working on a Dungeons and Dragons AR idea for my D&D group)
Glad you like it ... if you're interested you'll hopefully find more regular updates here https://twitter.com/EmpireAztec - we haven't posted a lot in the past but that's going to change (also in the more recent past I had to search for some paid work to survive :)).

Looking forward to see your game, sounds pretty interesting too (really liked Firefly back then)
vincentg
Prole

Post by vincentg »

Hello,
I'm currently working on a clone of Super Hexagon with local multiplayer support. I'm a big fan of the original game and I wanted to know how it feels to have other players to block you and make the game more a versus game than survival.
All patterns are easily editable by the user via .lua files in the local folder with no limitation in term of number. Even circle are possible.
This is my first game and I think that's almost finished. Need a little bit of polishing, sound and music.

K0IN
Prole

Post by K0IN »

I'm porting Super Mario Maker to Pc / Löve
here some early stuff

https://youtu.be/vewkNtMwTbg
atm porting the Mario 1 Physic engine
Last edited by K0IN on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

K0IN: Can't you borrow anything from Mari0? Or would you rather do it yourself to learn or something?
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com
K0IN
Prole

Post by K0IN »

Stifu: well I didn't know that mari0 exists thanks for pointing it out I will have a look but I think I will do the most for my own I will open source the project since it is so much to do maybe some people wanna join/help
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Ratchet wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:39 am I just love this. Looks so sweet :nyu: Well done! Can we test/use this?
I always wanted to do a UI or FakeOS like this but never did.
It's nothing special. Was just a distraction for a while. I had started it a long while ago but gave up and decided to try it again when I saw some cool projects other devs were working on on Twitter. (I love fake operating system UIs in games.) I thought maybe I'd end up making it into something but I lost interest for now.

If you really want to try to play with it, I truncated my project folder to remove the other projects I'm working on (I have all my current projects in one project and use a varable to switch between them to make it easier for me when I lose interest in one and want to move to another I don't have to set up my environment again. It works for me. Don't criticize my methods! lol) so there will be other stuff in here that isn't used because it's part of other projects. Pretty much everything you are interested in is in the "game_window" folder. The "virtual" hard drive is in the "drive" folder inside that. Anything at the root of the "drive" will be on the desktop. Folders don't work right. Applications don't work at all. Nothing works right. So don't expect it to. But I got the beginnings of a macOS-like application package in place where an app is just a folder with a bunch of resources. So if you browse the apps themselves you'll see they each have an icon PNG file that gets displayed instead of a folder when browsing the Apps folder. The README file can't be read. There is no text editor. I never implemented one. All that works app-wise is image viewing and the random little bouncing shapes. If you click the desktop and press "M" it will set the wallpaper. Not much more to say. Knock yourself out.

3d.zip
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 435 times

Note: If you really want to you'll notice some of my own libraries are included. Like my StateStack library, my DrawPool library. There's also a lot of unfinished or broken ones in there I really need to clean out. So don't get too excited. I'm not giving away all the goods yet.