Is there any online editor for Love2D?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
milkbomb11
Prole

Is there any online editor for Love2D?

Post by milkbomb11 »

I'm trying to find a stable online Love2D editor for complicated reasons.

The conditions of the editor is that
- It needs to be stable
- It must have an executer inside itself so that I can test my scripts without installing love.exe

P.S: My mother tongue is not English so I'm sorry if I'm being rude
steVeRoll
Party member

Re: Is there any online editor for Love2D?

Post by steVeRoll »

As far as I know, there's no easy way to write and run love2d games online.
What are your "complicated reasons"? Maybe we will be able to help you.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

There were/are two projects, Punchdrunk (using moonshinejs) and love.js, both by Tanner, that could run löve files that didn't rely on specific functionality in the browser, but the former is deprecated in favor of the latter, and the latter's not stable (yet, still a WIP apparently); neither had online code editors though, so that won't work for you.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
milkbomb11
Prole

Post by milkbomb11 »

steVeRoll wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:22 pm As far as I know, there's no easy way to write and run love2d games online.
What are your "complicated reasons"? Maybe we will be able to help you.
I decided to make a coding club at my school with my friends and I was hoping to use the computer room in the school. But the problem is: for security reasons students are not able to download stuff into the computers, so, I need a code executer that can replace love.exe and an online code editor which will replace the love ide.
After thinking about it, I think I can use Notepad(It is inside the computer) instead of an online code editor
AdrianN
Citizen

Post by AdrianN »

Hi. I would recommend use Love Web Build, is a love.js tools to execute your code in the web. Unfortunately only works with version 11.1

Also, You can't transport your love executable in usb/cloud, like rar/zip file?
I have the same problem in my university, but I transport sublime text portable and love rar in my usb, and decompress in pc.

In Download LÖVE 11.2 , only need to select the opcion 32/64 bits zipped and transfer to usb/cloud

If it's not possible to use usb, then I have no idea.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

As a last resort, you could ask the administration/IT staff or whoever to install löve themselves onto those computers for your coding club, given that löve is pretty much a trustworthy application, and it doesn't take up too much space either.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

I'm sure you can download stuff but maybe can't install it. You could try downloading a portable copy and try running that. I keep a folder on the school's network with portable programs.
milkbomb11
Prole

Post by milkbomb11 »

bobbyjones wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:58 pm I'm sure you can download stuff but maybe can't install it. You could try downloading a portable copy and try running that. I keep a folder on the school's network with portable programs.
l can save love.exe in my google drive and download it from the drive each time the club makes a game. But the problem is that my school's computers are terribly slow: it takes like 5 minutes to open up chrome, so downloading love.exe from my drive can take a long time
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Chances are, if your school computers are that bad, löve won't really be able to run on them anyway...
(Also, if you do want to try the google drive thing, you'll need the dll files as well, not just love.exe)
milkbomb11
Prole

Post by milkbomb11 »

zorg wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:44 am Chances are, if your school computers are that bad, löve won't really be able to run on them anyway...
(Also, if you do want to try the google drive thing, you'll need the dll files as well, not just love.exe)
I can get the love windows-32bit zipped version from the homepage and put it in my drive, and whenever I need it, I can download it from the drive.
And also about the computers' : They can run scratch games easily, does that mean running .love files will be easy too?