Endless Dungeon

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Xugro
Party member

Re: Endless Dungeon

Post by Xugro »

randomnovice wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 pmThanks again Xugro - that was badly written. Fixed now (attached to first post). You'll find the blue spiders will now teleport!
The bug is fixed :).
randomnovice wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 pmAlso, I've added a new feature: a map of where you've been which can be turned on using the "m" key.
That is very helpful especially in the lower levels when the map get bigger.

Could you speed up the time it takes to completely heal (and fill up mana) while resting? The only sensible choice is to wait until life and mana is completely full. Right now this feels like taking a long time.

Right now I am at level 33, in the last three shops (at levels 24, 27 and 30) there where no useful items for me (except healing potions) and right now I have 66,000 useless gold. The weapons in the shop do too few damage and armor has too low AC (they only have non-useful bonuses). As an example: I do not need a rare dagger with 1-4 damage that gives me +1 regeneration and +2 intelligence, when my main weapon does ~30 damage. I am more than happy to pay (tens of) thousands of gold for ~30 damage weapons which has some small additional bonuses (the same with armor).
randomnovice
Party member

Post by randomnovice »

Agree to both. Thanks Xugro.

In the latest update I'm playing with the settings of shops to try to get them a bit more useful. I completed a run through (on easy) with a character and ended up with over 200k of useless gold! I'm wondering about another way to spend gold as well at higher levels (e.g. weapon crafting / specify your own bonus).

For resting, I've lengthened the initial "nothing happens" to 6 seconds (from 3 seconds) then greatly increased the rate of healing/mana regeneration.

Will update later this weekend, once I've finished adding achievements... something I'm adding for replayability.
[edit: uploaded]
Xugro
Party member

Post by Xugro »

I found another bug: Using the 4th level fire spell Fork Lightning(?) in an empty room freezes the game.
randomnovice wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:55 pmFor resting, I've lengthened the initial "nothing happens" to 6 seconds (from 3 seconds) then greatly increased the rate of healing/mana regeneration.
This is much better. But why did you increase the initial waiting phase?
randomnovice
Party member

Post by randomnovice »

I found another bug: Using the 4th level fire spell Fork Lightning(?) in an empty room freezes the game.
Thanks again (chief bug tester!). Fixed and updated.
This is much better. But why did you increase the initial waiting phase?
As you can rest at a moment's notice, I don't want it to be abused mid-battle i.e. you shouldn't be able to quickly leg it to the corner of the room and rest for a few seconds whilst your enemies trudge along behind you, before re-engaging in battle. So the increased time of waiting means that any enemies in pursuit have a moment to get to you and attack.
Xugro
Party member

Post by Xugro »

I finally reached level 41! The last levels take ages to complete (on normal difficulty). It took me about an hour each level. For the end I just ran through level 40 without attacking once.

There are still two small bugs with the hydras. The five-headed hydra still has the "tooltip" Grows head (100%) and the hydras do not get counted for the achievements.

But the Endless Dungeon is a nice dungeon crawler that really takes skill and luck to finish (so many near death experiences).
Attachments
Screenshot of "Level 41"
Screenshot of "Level 41"
Endless_Dungeon_Screenshot.png (58.83 KiB) Viewed 8372 times
randomnovice
Party member

Post by randomnovice »

Congratulations! (And on moderate difficulty no less?)

And thanks for the review!