Three Doors

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ac3raven
Citizen

Three Doors

Post by ac3raven »

I made this silly puzzle game for Windows and Linux. I can't say much without spoiling it. Your objective is to walk through the doors. If it doesn't work on your system, please let me know. You can also find me on Discord @ShinyOgre
https://shinyogre.itch.io/three-doors

Last edited by ac3raven on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sphyrth
Party member

Re: Three Doors

Post by sphyrth »

Doesn't work on mine. No worries, though. I'm just one of those 32-bit people.

I can't get past the 2nd door... probably because I still have this 4:3 thing.
steVeRoll
Party member

Post by steVeRoll »

A very interesting game, I had fun solving it.
But as sphyrth points out, you have to make the game compatible with monitors of different sizes.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Yeah, I can't get past the second level. My monitor is 1280x1024 and I have the hunch that that's insufficient. But yes, that's a clever idea :)
ac3raven
Citizen

Post by ac3raven »

I didn't think there were any 32-bit people left. I can easily make a 32-bit build. I will also look into shrinking the size of the second level, THANK YOU for pointing that out!
ac3raven
Citizen

Post by ac3raven »

I fixed the resolution issue, I'm pretty sure. I also added a 32-bit build. Check out the itch page!
sphyrth
Party member

Post by sphyrth »

The 32-bit still doesn't work for me (Windows 7 Prof). IMO you shouldn't be spoiling us 32-bitters as we should've already moved on to better systems. I can do the workaround anyway, so you don't have to be bothered with the extra work.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Some issues I've found.

1. The picture in the OP is pointing to the imgur HTML page, not to the picture. The link you want to use is https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/F6mgRce.png instead.
2. The .love file is gone, so I had to download the Linux version.
3. The Linux version says it's a .tar.gz, but it's actually a .zip file. That made tar complain, but 'file' correctly identified it, so I unzipped it.
4. The resolution issue persists in the Linux version I downloaded (the file I downloaded is the one with MD5 67faa51767627c7cdbff45a8a2dd3b80).
ac3raven
Citizen

Post by ac3raven »

Thanks for the info pgimeno!

1. Fixed.
2. I don't want Windows users to download the .love file thinking that it will work for them, because it won't, unless they follow instructions to replace sdl2.dll and I don't want to make them do that work. I may opt instead to just upload a .zip file of the source code.
3. I made a zip file at first but then renamed it .tar.gz because I thought that would work. Evidently not. I will fix it.
4. The resolution fix should be in the Linux version as of ~6:30PM EST yesterday (07/29). That said, the resolution fix is not perfect and I need to take a second look.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

ac3raven wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:46 pm 3. I made a zip file at first but then renamed it .tar.gz because I thought that would work. Evidently not. I will fix it.
.tar.gz is the "golden standard" for Linux, but unzip is quite ubiquitous, so it's OK if you want to keep it as zip; just use the right extension and you're OK.