Looking for a 3d tutorial

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
YoungNeer
Party member

Re: Looking for a 3d tutorial

Post by YoungNeer »

pgimeno wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:23 am you can load iqm in blender
Well I don't know much about blender but how can it be that you can load something in blender and not in 3ds max
pgimeno wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:23 am LOVE3D is not a fork of LÖVE, it's a library for LÖVE, but it's obsolete with love 11.0+. LOVR is not a fork either, by the way, it's a new engine that copies a lot of the API.
Well I'm sorry I didn't know that :3 (looks like there's still lot to learn :ultraglee: )
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

Tjakka5 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:19 am Image
I think I've seen that model somewhere, can't remember where - maybe in a ludumdare game I think
Tjakka5 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:19 am To say LÖVE can't do (modern) 3D is just plain wrong.
Your interpretation of what I said is also plain wrong. Here's what I said
YoungNeer wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:35 pm Again I'd like to point out that you can create 3d games only the way they did it in the 90s not the way they do it now
which is true - cause nowadays every AAA game manufacturer uses some WYSIWYG editor for making 3d games.
Last edited by YoungNeer on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

YoungNeer wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:25 am
pgimeno wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:23 am you can load iqm in blender
Well I don't know much about blender but how can it be that you can load something in blender and not in 3ds max
Wonders of free software. Blender allows writing extensions in Python (a free language) and there are people who have implemented an IQM loader in Python for Blender, which makes IQM a suitable format for Blender.
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

pgimeno wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 pm Wonders of free software. Blender allows writing extensions in Python (a free language) and there are people who have implemented an IQM loader in Python for Blender, which makes IQM a suitable format for Blender.
Well 3dsMax is free as well (free in the sense that even it's trialware you could reset it's trial and work it as new which is really super-cool). But yeah in context that you specified blender might actually have an upper-hand over 3dsMax (since blender is open-source and a lot of people who use it are actually programmers)
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

YoungNeer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:05 am Well 3dsMax is free as well (free in the sense that even it's trialware you could reset it's trial and work it as new which is really super-cool).
Not in the same meaning of the word 'free'. Blender is free in that it gives you the four essential freedoms; 3dsMax is free in that it is offered for zero price to try it out for a period, but it doesn't give you any of the freedoms that Blender does. I haven't looked, but resetting the trial period is probably a violation of the DMCA.
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

pgimeno wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:57 am I haven't looked, but resetting the trial period is probably a violation of the DMCA.
Well i don't think changing your computer's time or reinstalling your OS is a violation of the DMCA. :crazy:
pgimeno wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 pm Blender allows writing extensions in Python (a free language)
I have heard a lot of people singing praises of python (and stuff like how awesome pygame- a major opponent of Love2d - is) but this is the first time I've heard someone say this - "python is free language". Seriously how funny it would be if w3schools introduced python as - 'Python is a popular and free programming language developed by Guido van Rossum ... :rofl: )