Please Share: LOVE for Lua Game Programming Example Code

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ilovelove2019
Citizen

Please Share: LOVE for Lua Game Programming Example Code

Post by ilovelove2019 »

Hello everyone. I am new in love2d. I am studying this book LOVE for Lua Game Programming and I see it very useful for beginners to be a pro. But I stucks at some code and I need the code example. I not buy this book so I can't access the example code :(. Does someone go first have the code example of this book? Can you share for me please? Im very need it! Thanks you so much!
Extremely sorry if I bothered you. And my English is not good too :(. Hope you will help me! Thank you!
Sasha264
Party member

Re: Please Share: LOVE for Lua Game Programming Example Code

Post by Sasha264 »

Hello! :3
Hmm... Just googled "LOVE for Lua Game Programming Example Code" and first link was to the GitLab repo https://resources.oreilly.com/examples/9781782161608
that contains something looking like examples. Is it what you need?
ilovelove2019
Citizen

Post by ilovelove2019 »

Oh! Thank you! This is it! But, I just tried this project and I get error. May be this book is old now. Do you have some library combo that help me? (animation, physics, tilemap loader,... and certainly it is new now!). It will be better if that library can combined with "anim8". Thank you so much. Hope you will answer me soon! Thanks you.
Sasha264
Party member

Post by Sasha264 »

Sorry, personally I don't have any universal library combos :monocle: Typically, each project requires a different library set.
But here you can find many of Love2d useful libraries https://love2d.org/wiki/Category:Libraries (anim8 included :3)

If you are following book examples then I suppose (I haven't read that book) in the description inside book you can find this:
  • Used Love2d version (newest is 11.2 at the moment)
  • Used libraries list
  • Information about integrating this libraries
If you are trying to create your own project, then start with blank pure Love2d, and add libraries only as needed.

About error: maybe you can get some help here if you will share this error message :nyu:
ilovelove2019
Citizen

Post by ilovelove2019 »

Oh. I will send the error soon. Thanks you so much. Now, i have to go to school. See yaa!
ilovelove2019
Citizen

Post by ilovelove2019 »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L-9kZ ... 0L7dhmqKPv This is the picture of the error. I have download all the examples code and run but it have error like this
You can download that folder and try! Hope you will help me soon. Thank you so much
Sasha264
Party member

Post by Sasha264 »

Google drive link you provided requires permission to open, so I can not see it. But here on forum exists a possibility to attach files to your post: available by clicking Full editor -> Attachments ...
ilovelove2019
Citizen

Post by ilovelove2019 »

Oh. Thank you so much! But now, I realize that book is old and I give up with it now :)). Thank you for reply. <3