Mouse Mania

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Kingdaro
Party member

Mouse Mania

Post by Kingdaro »

Mouse Mania is a rhythm game where you move the mouse in the direction of the direction of the corresponding arrow in the circle to the right. Here's a demo. I'd like to know of any future features you guys might like to see.
Attachments
MouseManiaDemo.love
(5.57 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Mud
Citizen

Re: Mouse Mania

Post by Mud »

Kingdaro wrote:Mouse Mania is a rhythm game [..] I'd like to know of any future features you guys might like to see.
Music! :o:
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

I'm with Mud, music and sound fx are a must. Also, you probably want to keep players from just drawing circles with their mice- as is, it's pretty easy to get every note just by orbiting a random point on the screen.

Also a conf.lua file. I don't know why, but "Untitled" windows grate against my brain... it's such a simple file that adds so much to the polish of your game.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Kingdaro
Party member

Post by Kingdaro »

Mud wrote:
Music! :o:
Was pretty obvious, lol.
tentus wrote:Also, you probably want to keep players from just drawing circles with their mice- as is, it's pretty easy to get every note just by orbiting a random point on the screen.
Should I reduce allowed mouse speed?
tentus wrote:Also a conf.lua file. I don't know why, but "Untitled" windows grate against my brain... it's such a simple file that adds so much to the polish of your game.
...Not sure what to say to that. I've never used a conf.lua file before.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Kingdaro wrote: Should I reduce allowed mouse speed?
You should add some kind of punishment for moving in the wrong direction. Combo breaker?
...Not sure what to say to that. I've never used a conf.lua file before.
http://love2d.org/wiki/Config_Files
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Kingdaro wrote: ...Not sure what to say to that. I've never used a conf.lua file before.
Sorry about that, I should have explained. conf.lua configures your game, with fun stuff like window title, window size, whether or not to attach a console: extremely useful stuff, see the link that thelinx provided. All you need to do is make a conf.lua file and put it in your game directory. (With the right lua cde inside, that is.)
Kurosuke needs beta testers