NanoNote Clock...

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
oofoe
Prole

NanoNote Clock...

Post by oofoe »

Hi!

This isn't a game per se', but is rather intended to be a small clock utility for the Ben Nanonote using the nlove fork of LOVE.

It should run fine on other systems, but if you look at the source code, you'll see that I had to do a lot of stuff the old-fashioned way since nlove doesn't seem to have many graphics transformation commands available.

The ink() function might be of interest. It accepts a table of colour specifications and tries to do the "right" thing with it.

This is my first go at LOVE, so comments welcome!

Thanks...
NanoNote with clock... (Yes, this is a bad shot.)
NanoNote with clock... (Yes, this is a bad shot.)
nn_clock.jpg (95.21 KiB) Viewed 9209 times
Attachments
clock.love
Very simple clock...
(30.82 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: NanoNote Clock...

Post by bartbes »

Code: Select all

title=clock
icon=skin:icons/dgclock.png
exec=/usr/bin/nlove
params=/card/clock.love
(you might want to modify the title and/or params field)
Save this in /usr/share/gmenu2x/sections/applications/clock (or whatever you choose to call it, I named it nclock), and enjoy the new shortcut in gmenu2x!
oofoe
Prole

Post by oofoe »

Thanks for the gmenu2x setup -- I'll give it a go!

You seem to be the maintainer for nlove. Is there any official list of what works and what doesn't between LOVE and nlove? Or do I just need to go through the bitbucket commits by hand? ; - )

Thanks for your work on nlove! It's very nice to have a programming environment on board the machine like the old basics that could access the graphics features. Command line only gets old when everybody else is flashing their iThings around...
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

It may be easier to list what does work :P. The real basics, I guess, fonts, images and primitives. Be careful with image rotation though, it's very costly and offset rotation is broken.. or maybe it was completely broken..
oofoe
Prole

Post by oofoe »

So no sound then? I tried the sinescroller demo and it failed with missing field "audio", so I guess not?

Is the "problem" lack of OpenGL for FB SDL stuff? Or is it constrained by other devices' requirements (like the GP or Dingoo machines)?

If there is no official list, then I might make one -- I just need to keep notes of what I'm running into here. ; - )

I can't tell you how cool it is to look over and see my new desk clock, though!

Thanks!
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Oh there is sound! Maybe you're using an old build?
Regarding graphics, well, it's really not that things are impossible (of course some things are), but it's mostly that it all has to be rewritten from scratch.
oofoe
Prole

Post by oofoe »

I'm using the November 17, 2010 distribution image. I would like to update to whatever the latest is, but I'm having trouble rebuilding the system on my Linux box (either there's problems with some of the packages or I have some dodgy RAM...).

Sound would be very nice. You don't have a nice statically compiled binary lying around for the NanoNote do you?

Thanks!
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Sure, if you hop by on irc again I can send you that, and we can talk as well.