Tilemap help

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Anxiety
Prole

Tilemap help

Post by Anxiety »

The wiki has a tilemap tutorial (http://love2d.org/wiki/Tutorial:Efficie ... _Scrolling). I tried it, and it works all fine. But im wondering about one thing; how can i change what the map generated is? Its for a new game im making (again, lol).

Thanks!
I can't come up with a good signature!
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Re: Tilemap help

Post by BlackBulletIV »

I haven't got time to look at the tutorial, but I think it would have something to do with either adjusting the Quad viewports (x, y, width, height) or changing the positions of where you add tiles to the SpriteBatch. kikito has a tutorial on tiles; it's still a work in progress, but it might help.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

You need to create another map table and use that. If you're talking about the actual contents of the map, then you either need to change the section of code that creates the map object (the nested for loops) or create some kind of level editor - this would probably be overkill for you.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
Anxiety
Prole

Post by Anxiety »

Lafolie wrote:this would probably be overkill for you.
true dat

I quess ill use a 2D table with letters and convert that to a map.
I can't come up with a good signature!