[SOLVED]Displaying result for "love.filesystem.exists"

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ntpspe
Prole

Re: Displaying result for "love.filesystem.exists"

Post by ntpspe »

Robin wrote: I spoke the truth. I realise now that it might come across as a bit harsh. For that, I apologise.
Yes I know it's the truth, your posts on this and that other topic just sound like "You're an idiot and know nothing, so you can't do it" some of the time :/
Robin wrote:True. However, that does not mean we are happy with a lot of "stupid" questions. The thing is, whether a question can really be stupid is debatable, but either way, you should learn from the answers to not only your questions, but the questions of others as well.
Believe me I am looking at all the other posts, reading the love wiki and lua guides extensively, and I've only asked two questions because I needed a quick 'how-to' otherwise I'm sat at my menu screen which does nothing for a long time, but you have been helpful amidst it :)
Robin wrote:For a bit of context: we used to be a very small, very friendly community. We still are unusually friendly for an internet based community, but the recent influx of young virgins (new lovers) has caused us to be a bit more on edge. They generally don't think before they act, and that is really annoying.
Yeah, well like I said above, I am doing my research and finding out things, so I am thinking before I act, next time i'll make sure to take more time in my example so it's written properly :P
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Displaying result for "love.filesystem.exists"

Post by Robin »

ntpspe wrote:Yes I know it's the truth, your posts on this and that other topic just sound like "You're an idiot and know nothing, so you can't do it" some of the time :/
Oh. That wasn't my intention. I intended more to sound like "You're on the wrong track, please stop and think. I know you can do better than this."
ntpspe wrote:Yeah, well like I said above, I am doing my research and finding out things, so I am thinking before I act, next time i'll make sure to take more time in my example so it's written properly :P
Thank you for taking the time. Sorry for the harshness or how you want to call it.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
ntpspe
Prole

Re: [SOLVED]Displaying result for "love.filesystem.exists"

Post by ntpspe »

It's perfectly fine. At the end of the day you know what your doing and I don't as much, so any advice you give is appreciated and taken in.
I understand 'noobs' can be a problem, especially one's that come on the forums asking every question under the sun, and then end up not doing they're project anyway - but that isn't my intention, I'm only asking questions I need answers to, and I'm wholly dedicated to my little project. Also, both the topics i've posted will be useful for other users to read through and find out what was said and the solution, so it's win win :)
Ensayia
Party member

Re: [SOLVED]Displaying result for "love.filesystem.exists"

Post by Ensayia »

Everyone here has good intentions, but most of the more experienced forum members tend not to sugar coat things, its just easier that way. I wouldn't worry so much that your projects get finished as much as your ability to learn from your half finished projects. I have a folder of 20 or so projects that are nowhere near a state of completion but I have learned something new with each and every one.

If you keep your questions specific, don't argue when someone helps, and learn from your mistakes you will do just fine here.