In The Dark

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: In The Dark

Post by bartbes »

I'm wondering about these edits you made to the engine, care to give any details?
The Burrito
Party member

Post by The Burrito »

bartbes wrote:I'm wondering about these edits you made to the engine, care to give any details?
Honestly, they've dwindled overtime, I had some tricks to get the rendering to look right, and physics related things, but I've removed most of them as new features have been added to Löve that solve the problem and are generally better written than mine (plus less merge work for me in the future).

With the way things are now, I think the only thing that truly prevents ITD from running on a stock version of Löve is some minor box2d stuff. Everything else is unimportant.

I actually go back and forth on some of my game specific code, but in the end its been so much easier to keep as much of it in LUA as possible, and I can't see there being much to gain by rewriting it right now.

I'm going to clean it up at some point and give you guys everything thats useful, if theres anything left :P
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

The Burrito wrote:I'm going to clean it up at some point and give you guys everything thats useful, if theres anything left :P
It would be very epic if we could play ITD on vanilla LÖVE (or SELÖVE, for that matter). :)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

About box2d, anjo has promised updating it to the newest version for 0.8.0, so hopefully that will be resolved too. I'm hoping more people will see love as a viable platform for commercial games, so any important needed changes are welcome (to be suggested :P).
The Burrito
Party member

Post by The Burrito »

Heres a new video, with some more gameplay footage, most of the game still has no artwork, or I'd have a lot more to show off.

bartbes wrote:anjo has promised updating it to the newest version for 0.8.0
Thats great, what version are we running now? Its been over a year since Box2D had an update.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

The current love version is the latest revision of 2.0 I believe, and the current available version is a revision of 2.1.
vrld
Party member

Post by vrld »

Wow, that really looks amazing!
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Seconded.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

vrld wrote:Wow, that really looks amazing!
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

The Burrito wrote:Heres a new video, with some more gameplay footage.
I will buy this so hard when it comes out! You better be cool and let us have Windows, Linux and OSX versions without having to purchase it several times, though!