Scary Monsters

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Scary Monsters

Post by Robin »

Neat! Great you're actually making progress now.

And the idle-movement camera should definitely be much slower, it sort of made me dizzy. :P Other than that, it works beautifully.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Robin wrote:Neat! Great you're actually making progress now.

And the idle-movement camera should definitely be much slower, it sort of made me dizzy. :P Other than that, it works beautifully.
Thanks!, and yeah. I'll be working on that. :)
@rynesaur
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

So glad to see this project being moved forward! Keep it going!
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Jasoco wrote:So glad to see this project being moved forward! Keep it going!
Thanks Jas!

edit: bump for update information on page 1.
@rynesaur
clickrush
Citizen

Post by clickrush »

oh your concept looks much more defined now. I kinda missunderstood it until now. apparently your going for a solid, traditional design. looking forward to see how this evolves!
Sry about my english.
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

clickrush wrote:oh your concept looks much more defined now. I kinda missunderstood it until now. apparently your going for a solid, traditional design. looking forward to see how this evolves!
Thanks for the interest!
@rynesaur
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

edit: didn't want to triple-post. Just letting you guys know that I'm not dead. Expect updates, and possibly a new demo in the next few days :)

just a bump for the update graphics on pg1 -- getting a little more polished every day

I took some time to re-design almost everything so that it fits a 8x8 tileset, whereas before I just drew everything without thinking of how shitty it would be once I actually started programming.

Anyway I think it looks good, trees will probably change a bit. You can also see the character with a sword ;)

edit: added combat and progression details
@rynesaur
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Hawt. That is all. I can't wait.

Do you plan on keeping the trees so bizarrely rectangular? I'm not saying it's bad, just, it's one of those things which need to be made into a full motif, else they'll look painfully out of place. But a motif like that could be quite cool, if you want to pursue it.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Taehl wrote:Hawt. That is all. I can't wait.

Do you plan on keeping the trees so bizarrely rectangular? I'm not saying it's bad, just, it's one of those things which need to be made into a full motif, else they'll look painfully out of place. But a motif like that could be quite cool, if you want to pursue it.

The game is a long way from completion, if you had asked me a week ago "are you gonna change the trees" I probably would have said "no", but I still did it a week later.

Right now, I like how they look but theres a better-than-good chance they will change again.

edit: see, I already decided to change them. I think these are a little better, don't you think?

^ this is only a PART of the full resource set, just to tease you guys.
@rynesaur
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Post by MarekkPie »

I wouldn't try to change them too much. I think part of the charm of the game is it's current aesthetic: kinda blocky, but very representative of the object their are portraying.