Demo - tile, cell based world (with collision)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ensayia
Party member

Re: Demo - tile, cell based world (with collision)

Post by Ensayia »

A minimap wouldn't be all that hard to pull off with a framebuffer (canvas?). Get to it Taehl! :crazy:
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

How would a minimap work in a world that doesn't obey the laws of space? The only reason it works on-screen is because you can only see a small area of it. But if I made the minimap that size, then what's the point of having a map which doesn't show beyond your screen?
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
clickrush
Citizen

Post by clickrush »

Taehl wrote:How would a minimap work in a world that doesn't obey the laws of space?(...)
Well I actually didn't even think of that. Well It would be an even more interesting thing then. :D
The following question would be: What could you and would you show on the minimap that isn't on the screen?
Sry about my english.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

I couldn't show anything reliably since each time you change cells, there's a chance that any/all neighboring cells could change into difference cells. And extending past the first nearest neighboring cell leads possibly to crazy problems with different cells being in the same "place".
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.