LÖVE automated building and distribution for all platforms.

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Affi
Prole

LÖVE automated building and distribution for all platforms.

Post by Affi »

Where
http://reflex.so/build/love

What
Following up on our change of brand for the Affinity Play project after our bootstrap phase, the web based builder that previously sat at http://play.affinity.so/build now has a new home. With this change, comes a revamped build process and a number of new features. This tool allows you to upload a .love and build a number of cross-platform builds and distribute them free of charge without worrying about infrastructure headaches or bandwidth costs.

This service is offered free of charge and will remain so indefinitely, it is part of the free suite of tools that Reflex offers for game developers.

How To Use
It's fairly self-explanatory. Select your .love file, select your version (0.7.2 or 0.8.0), your target platforms and if building for Mac, enter a bundle ID (com.mycompany.mygame).

Features
CDN backed distribution.
Cross-platform builds (Linux, Mac, Windows).
Multi-version support.

Changelog
N/A

Roadmap
12/02/2012: Debian/Ubuntu support (both .deb and repo based), download reports.
13/02/2012: Versioning and invalidation of hosted files.
14/02/2012: Custom icon support.
15/02/2012: Linux (RPM) support, custom LÖVE distribution support.

Known Issues
001: Whitespace or special characters in the .love file name cause the build process to fail.
002: Building for Ubuntu currently fails horribly, this is being looked at currently.
Last edited by Affi on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lead Developer - Reflex, a distributed online game platform.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: LÖVE automated building and distribution for all platfor

Post by nevon »

That's awesome! I don't know if you've seen it, but we were working on a project like this a while back. It never got past the mockup phase, IIRC, but those were some nice mockups!

EDIT: By the way, you should add a tooltip or a placeholder text to the "bundle ID" field. I had no idea what I was supposed to write in there, before I read about it in the other thread.
Affi
Prole

Post by Affi »

nevon wrote:That's awesome! I don't know if you've seen it, but we were working on a project like this a while back. It never got past the mockup phase, IIRC, but those were some nice mockups!

EDIT: By the way, you should add a tooltip or a placeholder text to the "bundle ID" field. I had no idea what I was supposed to write in there, before I read about it in the other thread.
I remember seeing it previously, they were indeed some pretty mockups. This was just meant to be simple and easy to use :).

I've referenced the bundle ID in the how to use segment above, but I'll put some sort of descriptor on the site as well.
Affi
Prole

Post by Affi »

New issue.

002: Building for Ubuntu currently fails horribly, this is being looked at currently.
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

Affi wrote:Cross-platform builds (Linux, Mac, Windows).
If you could provide an *.apk for android some day, that would be great!

BTW, the page from your footer says "{failed.authentication}" - is it a bug, or the page is not that public?
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
Affi
Prole

Post by Affi »

miko wrote:
Affi wrote:Cross-platform builds (Linux, Mac, Windows).
If you could provide an *.apk for android some day, that would be great!

BTW, the page from your footer says "{failed.authentication}" - is it a bug, or the page is not that public?
It's not public :).
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

Affi wrote:
miko wrote:BTW, the page from your footer says "{failed.authentication}" - is it a bug, or the page is not that public?
It's not public :).
I see. So maybe you should remove the link from your footer until it become public?
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

miko wrote: I see. So maybe you should remove the link from your footer until it become public?
Or maybe you could not click it?
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

thelinx wrote:
miko wrote: I see. So maybe you should remove the link from your footer until it become public?
Sure. I just assumed that if you "publish" something you want others to look at this, so either this was published by mistake, or the access to the page was restricted since the link was added to the footer. So I wanted to make sure this is what OP expects.
Affi
Prole

Post by Affi »

miko wrote:
thelinx wrote:
Sure. I just assumed that if you "publish" something you want others to look at this, so either this was published by mistake, or the access to the page was restricted since the link was added to the footer. So I wanted to make sure this is what OP expects.
It is what is expected, we don't want you seeing certain pages yet - you're not authenticated, it throws an error. Working as intended.