What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
coffee
Party member

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by coffee »

josefnpat wrote: Things are going pretty well, actually :) We're slowly changing the placeholders and such, and it's starting to get nicer and nicer.

If you like the menu, you're free to use it and modify: https://github.com/josefnpat/lovemenu
I put it under the same license as love2d. I'm very happy that SiENcE was able to get such a great result out of it :)
Thank you for the link and the offer. For the roguelike I already have another plans and other style of menu but I'm tempted to use it in my next yet undefined action project. Now that I checked it closely and in detail, your menu is so... so... so... "arrow in the knee"? ^^
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

coffee wrote:
josefnpat wrote: Things are going pretty well, actually :) We're slowly changing the placeholders and such, and it's starting to get nicer and nicer.

If you like the menu, you're free to use it and modify: https://github.com/josefnpat/lovemenu
I put it under the same license as love2d. I'm very happy that SiENcE was able to get such a great result out of it :)
Thank you for the link and the offer. For the roguelike I already have another plans and other style of menu but I'm tempted to use it in my next yet undefined action project. Now that I checked it closely and in detail, your menu is so... so... so... "arrow in the knee"? ^^
I am embarrassed to say, I did take consider elements from Skyrim/Fallout3 when making this, but I also considered how to make it better. One thing you will notice is that the text doesn't scroll like skyrim does :3
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
legendman3
Citizen

Post by legendman3 »

coffee wrote:(or 3 if legendman3 enters the boat) ;)
Yes i have joined them. :D
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Beta download on my thread here.
owen
Prole

Post by owen »

snake is pretty dope. saw the video on youtube!
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

slime wrote:

Beta download on my thread here.
Don't you have a thread to post snayke news slime? Looks very nice indeed but the video is the only thing "playable" for me :P

PS I love very much the live high-score ranking feature
Araqiel
Citizen

Post by Araqiel »

I'm working on a small multiplayer space game. I currently have some of the login and such working, which involved getting MySQL access and a working WHIRLPOOL hash... fun times. :P I'll probably get a working demo up some time this coming week.
trubblegum
Party member

Post by trubblegum »

I'm working with my brothers on a sort of squad-based mini-MMO, set in space. Unfortunately that's all the detail I can give you regarding the game.
The server runs in LÖVE (shock! horror! dismay!) so you can run your own world for friends to play on.
Almost everything I'm doing seems to have requirements that existing libraries don't quite cover, so here's the first of probably several stand-alone libraries I'm writing :

a stateful gui, or how to press a button in 48 hours or less

moved to viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8351
Last edited by trubblegum on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

trubblegum wrote:I'm working with my brothers on a sort of squad-based mini-MMO, set in space. Unfortunately that's all the detail I can give you regarding the game.
The server runs in LÖVE (shock! horror! dismay!) so you can run your own world for friends to play on.
Almost everything I'm doing seems to have requirements that existing libraries don't quite cover, so here's the first of probably several stand-alone libraries I'm writing :

a stateful gui, or how to press a button in 48 hours or less
No .love? You want us to copy/paste/save a lot ah? :P
Seem's working well. Seems simple. Seems good. That's nice although I didn't real deep tested or customized it. Why don't have his own thread? Is a bit "lost" here.

EDITED: I feel more natural that in scrollbox the down button be aligned with last option.
Last edited by coffee on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
trubblegum
Party member

Post by trubblegum »

Done.
Thanks for your comment.

When I consider it complete (for now it's still missing a formatted text display element) i will post a .love

Edit : there is now a .love in the lib's main thread, linked above