0.8.0 for linux.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
legendman3
Citizen

0.8.0 for linux.

Post by legendman3 »

I can not for the life of me find a download for love 0.8.0 for linux systems. love2d.org/builds only has windows builds.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: 0.8.0 for linux.

Post by TechnoCat »

legendman3 wrote:I can not for the life of me find a download for love 0.8.0 for linux systems. love2d.org/builds only has windows builds.
For debian builds: https://launchpad.net/~bartbes/+archive/love-unstable
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

I don't know your level of experience with linux but doing your own compile is both easy and a good learning experience. First, check the wiki here to get a good idea of the dependencies you will need and some instructions you will need to compile. I didn't use the automagic method listed there but once the proper dependencies are installed simply unpack the source somewhere, navigate to that directory via terminal and do a ./configure, make, and make install.

I've always been a Windows user, and I learned how to compile this on an unfamiliar distro in about an hour. It's worth your time.
legendman3
Citizen

Post by legendman3 »

Ensayia wrote:I don't know your level of experience with linux but doing your own compile is both easy and a good learning experience. First, check the wiki here to get a good idea of the dependencies you will need and some instructions you will need to compile. I didn't use the automagic method listed there but once the proper dependencies are installed simply unpack the source somewhere, navigate to that directory via terminal and do a ./configure, make, and make install.

I've always been a Windows user, and I learned how to compile this on an unfamiliar distro in about an hour. It's worth your time.
I can use linux really well. I just couldn't find a source for packages or the source. I either overlooked it or just was clicking in the wrong places. Thanks for the link.
Inny
Party member

Post by Inny »

Speaking of which, wasn't the 0.8 stable release supposed to be "this week" at the beginning of March? Did something happen?
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

A stable 0.8.0 has been talked about since last year. It keeps getting hung up for some reason or another, I suspect largely because the devs are human beings and LOVE doesn't pay the bills.

It''s pretty much whenever from what I understand.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Right now it isn't out because the necessary developers have not been all online with free time to spare at the same time.