The Crawler of Dungeons™ [!RENAMED! AND !REBORN!]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Davidobot
Party member

Re: Dungeon Crawler

Post by Davidobot »

coffee wrote:Your new uploaded file is missing a "," after

Code: Select all

direction = 1
You must check files before upload, :)

EDITED: You have a major level change problem (player can land in walled terrain) because you change level but don't let player move to the stairs. If you return true in both level checks all is much better that way.
Corrected
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Right, if you encounter any bugs make sure you report them to me. :megagrin:
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Davidobot wrote:Right, if you encounter any bugs make sure you report them to me. :megagrin:
Didn't found anything really wrong in your new version. About what to do next it's a bit irrelevant because you will have to do it all that options to have a basic engine. I guess it's a personal choice of "what you want to do today". But objects and Arcs seems the less essential for now. Add enemies/simple battle or keep developing the map system seems more natural and useful.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

coffee wrote:
Davidobot wrote:Right, if you encounter any bugs make sure you report them to me. :megagrin:
Didn't found anything really wrong in your new version. About what to do next it's a bit irrelevant because you will have to do it all that options to have a basic engine. I guess it's a personal choice of "what you want to do today". But objects and Arcs seems the less essential for now. Add enemies/simple battle or keep developing the map system seems more natural and useful.
Good point, was it you who voted for the battle system?
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Davidobot wrote: Good point, was it you who voted for the battle system?
No, I wrote instead here, because I personally would work a little better map system. Your multiple (one for each tile) "If" tile then return true/false isn't elegant or practical. You should create a tile table where you among other things could check "walk" status of that tile.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

coffee wrote:
Davidobot wrote: Good point, was it you who voted for the battle system?
No, I wrote instead here, because I personally would work a little better map system. Your multiple (one for each tile) "If" tile then return true/false isn't elegant or practical. You should create a tile table where you among other things could check "walk" status of that tile.
For now, I prefer this way because I understand this method better.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Davidobot wrote:
coffee wrote:
Davidobot wrote: For now, I prefer this way because I understand this method better.
That's fair and fine, was only a advice of something probably (inevitable) that must be worked. Take your time. But eventually you will reach a moment that you realize that your testmap and the way you (don't) keep map tile info isn't good enough for you.

BTW. Can I ask please if you next version you could start adding to filename the version? (also calling it "dungeon crawler" would be better than "game coded with love"). It would be easier for us players/testers delete old and keep the most actual version. Thank you. :)
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

coffee wrote: That's fair and fine, was only a advice of something probably (inevitable) that must be worked. Take your time. But eventually you will reach a moment that you realize that your testmap and the way you (don't) keep map tile info isn't good enough for you.

BTW. Can I ask please if you next version you could start adding to filename the version? (also calling it "dungeon crawler" would be better than "game coded with love"). It would be easier for us players/testers delete old and keep the most actual version. Thank you. :)
Like :
File Name: Dungeon Crawler
Desc: Game v0.0005

BTW I got licence on the game, from CC

Edit:
The poll winner is: Battle System going to get to work on that. :)

Edit:
Right after I finish making the quick and dirty offficial website for the game. DONE it is in my desc.
Last edited by Davidobot on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banoticus
Citizen

Post by Banoticus »

When do you think the site will be ready because i would like to help you make it look very professional. :ultrahappy:
I would also like to know if I can 'co-work' on the game with you through dropbox like when we attempted to code that website. :awesome:
At the moment i am working an a death, coin, monster and lava system.

OBEY :joker:
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Banoticus wrote:When do you think the site will be ready because i would like to help you make it look very professional. :ultrahappy:
I would also like to know if I can 'co-work' on the game with you through dropbox like when we attempted to code that website. :awesome:
At the moment i am working an a death, coin, monster and lava system.

OBEY :joker:
Good, post your code here then.