The Crawler of Dungeons™ [!RENAMED! AND !REBORN!]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
User avatar
Banoticus
Citizen
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: London

Re: Dungeon Crawler [SAVING DONE]

Post by Banoticus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 am

I am not to disappointed about 'dungeoncrawler.com' because dungeon crawler isn't exactly a sofisticated name. Please don't be offended if you're the dude who created the site. I want,to make things interesting on this forum so there is going to be a competition and the winner will have his or her name in the credits part of the game and will be mentioned on the Barturov website with any link that person would like to add.
Link only on website. ^^
Edited later on:
Anyone else who helped will also be mentioned on the website.

Let the contest begin. :ultrahappy:
Last edited by Banoticus on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coffee
Party member
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: Dungeon Crawler [SAVING DONE]

Post by coffee » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 am

Banoticus wrote:I am not to disappointed about 'dungeoncrawler.com' because dungeon crawler isn't exactly a sofisticated name. Please don't be offended if you're the dude who created the site. I want,to make things interesting on this forum so the is going to be a competition and the winner will have his or her name in the credits part of the game and will be mentioned on the Barturov website with any link that person would like to add.

Let the contest begin. :ultrahappy:
Wait, wtf you talking? Please, just stick to accept friendly advices than invent whatever you said. And if you didn't noticed reading your "own" thread I'm the "dude" that helped a lot code "your" project.

User avatar
Davidobot
Party member
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 am
Location: Game-Dev. Land
Contact:

Re: Dungeon Crawler [SAVING DONE]

Post by Davidobot » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:29 pm

coffee wrote:
Banoticus wrote:I am not to disappointed about 'dungeoncrawler.com' because dungeon crawler isn't exactly a sofisticated name. Please don't be offended if you're the dude who created the site. I want,to make things interesting on this forum so the is going to be a competition and the winner will have his or her name in the credits part of the game and will be mentioned on the Barturov website with any link that person would like to add.

Let the contest begin. :ultrahappy:
Wait, wtf you talking? Please, just stick to accept friendly advices than invent whatever you said. And if you didn't noticed reading your "own" thread I'm the "dude" that helped a lot code "your" project.
I personaly have no idea, but don't worry coffee you will always be remembered.
My library:
LovelyMoon

Check out my current project:
Raycaster

Oh hey, I have a website now!

User avatar
Banoticus
Citizen
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: London

Re: Dungeon Crawler [SAVING DONE]

Post by Banoticus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks to coffee's very 'nice' reply there isn't going to be a contest.
I am going a bit off topic here but has anybody seen Britain's Got Talent. :awesome:
Anyway I think it is better that I choose the name my self and just accept friendly advice on this forum.
Why is every post dungeon crwaler [SAVING DONE] :x

coffee
Party member
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: Dungeon Crawler [SAVING DONE]

Post by coffee » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 am

Banoticus wrote:Thanks to coffee's very 'nice' reply there isn't going to be a contest.
I am going a bit off topic here but has anybody seen Britain's Got Talent. :awesome:
Anyway I think it is better that I choose the name my self and just accept friendly advice on this forum.
Why is every post dungeon crwaler [SAVING DONE] :x
Banoticus you deserved a lot worse response that my "nice" reply because your post was simply pathetic specially referring to my person. See that you don't even ask for sorry for some confusion of yours and even kind that mock was sad.

I really don't know how or why you jumped in the middle of this project and don't matter but you landed here badly. I ask sorry to Davidobot if Banoticus is a personal friend and I telling this harsh words to him, but he's asking for this. I respect you Davidobot which I helped and support from the start of project and have wisdom and good sense that is lacking on you Banoticus.

1 - Dungeon Crawl, Dungeon Crawler, Rogue, Roguelike are the common genre names of your game and so perhaps the most wanted names to brand this kind of games. Those who register or registered trademarks around those designations are actually lucky and have an advantage in marketing and in search engine relevance. So tell that it's a relief, spit in the name and tell that the game name wasn't "sophisticated" is weird. Davidbot made actually a good choice but IP and trademarks fight are a very competitive world. Be "simple" always was good and helpful. So, say you don't be disappointed by the name loss is actually funny.

2 - Thinking that I'm related somehow to the dungeoncrawler site/name (trademarked since 2006 it appears) and have now claims about it was totally bizarre.
a) Shows that you didn't even read the history/thread of "your" project and noticed/reckon those who helped.
b) Shows no respect to someone that simple and friendly alert that is carrying a problematic trademarked name/brand and could be asked later to be rebranded. Because if this game eventually thrives would be painful later had to change.
c) Shows that you don't even figure that is non-sense that supposedly a person who helped from the start a game branded with his intellectual property now reclaims credits on it.

3 - If was to be competition it wouldn't be me or anyone else changeling "your" project. It would be your project changeling all others that already exist because you if read search/forum you would noticed there is a lot more "dungeon crawler" kind projects going around. Some dead, some alive. Yours is one more and for sure not now a kind of reference neither in LOVE or in roguelike world. However:

a) I already started since November a rogue/rpg project that I slowly make evolve and semi-officially told in forum I'm working (no official thread, I'm not a fan of showing off unreleased games with uncertain release). And I don't intend for sure contest with anyone. I compete with myself, for fun and pleasure and with no one else.
b) Don't seem that anyone's other project is willing also to "race"/contest for anything here.
c) If was wishing for credits I already could "demand" credits for my help and my code implanted in "your" project. But I don't want or even wish it. I was very happy to had help this project. Well, you now kind that ruined that pleasure of mine.
d) I always clearly supported and helped any other rogue/rpg project that appeared in forum. It's friendly desirable good "competition" that makes evolve the genre. Running in some kind of forced contest like you making is for sure not the way to go.

4 - Comments and declarations like yours that always make me rethink why lose time helping help others or spent time in forums.

BTW You stick to that thread name because only thread creator (Davidbot)/admins can change it. Want a new name/tile? Just start another thread or ask Davidbot to change it. But why I should still caring?

User avatar
Nixola
Inner party member
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:11 pm
Location: Italy

Changing posts' title is easy

Post by Nixola » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:55 pm

[OT]When you reply, you can change your post title[/OT]
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics

User avatar
Jasoco
Inner party member
Posts: 3651
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:35 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: Dungeon Crawler [SAVING DONE]

Post by Jasoco » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 pm

You can also edit your original topic post and change the title of the whole thread there when you change things.

User avatar
Davidobot
Party member
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 am
Location: Game-Dev. Land
Contact:

Re: Dungeon Crawler [SAVING DONE]

Post by Davidobot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:14 am

Coffee, this is abit of topic but, has it happened that when you try to go on my or your websites it redirected you to another one?
My library:
LovelyMoon

Check out my current project:
Raycaster

Oh hey, I have a website now!

User avatar
Banoticus
Citizen
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: London

Re: Changing posts' title is easy

Post by Banoticus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:44 am

Nixola wrote:[OT]When you reply, you can change your post title[/OT]
Thanks. ^^

User avatar
Banoticus
Citizen
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: London

Re: Dungeon Crawler [SAVING DONE]

Post by Banoticus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:53 am

coffee wrote:
Banoticus wrote:Thanks to coffee's very 'nice' reply there isn't going to be a contest.
I am going a bit off topic here but has anybody seen Britain's Got Talent. :awesome:
Anyway I think it is better that I choose the name my self and just accept friendly advice on this forum.
Why is every post dungeon crwaler [SAVING DONE] :x
Banoticus you deserved a lot worse response that my "nice" reply because your post was simply pathetic specially referring to my person. See that you don't even ask for sorry for some confusion of yours and even kind that mock was sad.

I really don't know how or why you jumped in the middle of this project and don't matter but you landed here badly. I ask sorry to Davidobot if Banoticus is a personal friend and I telling this harsh words to him, but he's asking for this. I respect you Davidobot which I helped and support from the start of project and have wisdom and good sense that is lacking on you Banoticus.

1 - Dungeon Crawl, Dungeon Crawler, Rogue, Roguelike are the common genre names of your game and so perhaps the most wanted names to brand this kind of games. Those who register or registered trademarks around those designations are actually lucky and have an advantage in marketing and in search engine relevance. So tell that it's a relief, spit in the name and tell that the game name wasn't "sophisticated" is weird. Davidbot made actually a good choice but IP and trademarks fight are a very competitive world. Be "simple" always was good and helpful. So, say you don't be disappointed by the name loss is actually funny.

2 - Thinking that I'm related somehow to the dungeoncrawler site/name (trademarked since 2006 it appears) and have now claims about it was totally bizarre.
a) Shows that you didn't even read the history/thread of "your" project and noticed/reckon those who helped.
b) Shows no respect to someone that simple and friendly alert that is carrying a problematic trademarked name/brand and could be asked later to be rebranded. Because if this game eventually thrives would be painful later had to change.
c) Shows that you don't even figure that is non-sense that supposedly a person who helped from the start a game branded with his intellectual property now reclaims credits on it.

3 - If was to be competition it wouldn't be me or anyone else changeling "your" project. It would be your project changeling all others that already exist because you if read search/forum you would noticed there is a lot more "dungeon crawler" kind projects going around. Some dead, some alive. Yours is one more and for sure not now a kind of reference neither in LOVE or in roguelike world. However:

a) I already started since November a rogue/rpg project that I slowly make evolve and semi-officially told in forum I'm working (no official thread, I'm not a fan of showing off unreleased games with uncertain release). And I don't intend for sure contest with anyone. I compete with myself, for fun and pleasure and with no one else.
b) Don't seem that anyone's other project is willing also to "race"/contest for anything here.
c) If was wishing for credits I already could "demand" credits for my help and my code implanted in "your" project. But I don't want or even wish it. I was very happy to had help this project. Well, you now kind that ruined that pleasure of mine.
d) I always clearly supported and helped any other rogue/rpg project that appeared in forum. It's friendly desirable good "competition" that makes evolve the genre. Running in some kind of forced contest like you making is for sure not the way to go.

4 - Comments and declarations like yours that always make me rethink why lose time helping help others or spent time in forums.

BTW You stick to that thread name because only thread creator (Davidbot)/admins can change it. Want a new name/tile? Just start another thread or ask Davidbot to change it. But why I should still caring?
I'm sorry, I will try not comment or declerations like that. I also apologise for any comments that made you wish you never worked on this project in the first.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests