Hardon Collider - getting stuck between tiles

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
paritybit
Citizen

Re: Hardon Collider - getting stuck between tiles

Post by paritybit »

You may be able to go back to your original solution. I think this reply from vrld in another thread indicates the issue you were facing is resolved in the collider. Seems that HC now takes corrections into account before calling the callback with additional collisions.

Of course you'll need to download the newest version of HC (linked in that thread).
luaz
Citizen

Post by luaz »

paritybit wrote:You may be able to go back to your original solution. I think this reply from vrld in another thread indicates the issue you were facing is resolved in the collider. Seems that HC now takes corrections into account before calling the callback with additional collisions.

Of course you'll need to download the newest version of HC (linked in that thread).
That's better. :)

I'm extra-tired today, about to hit the bed, so I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

Which original solution do you mean though?

Thanks for letting me know! :awesome:
If you're going to reply to my post, consider posting an (preferably working) example - 99.7% of time time, I already know how to implement the feature theoretically! ;) I don't learn very well from references, etc....
paritybit
Citizen

Post by paritybit »

luaz wrote:Which original solution do you mean though?

Sorry, I meant the solution in this post, not your original. The one you called 'jumpy'.
luaz
Citizen

Post by luaz »

paritybit wrote:
luaz wrote:Which original solution do you mean though?

Sorry, I meant the solution in this post, not your original. The one you called 'jumpy'.
It still seems sticky, after updating the collider. Which means it still doesn't work, and I still need a solution for it. :|
If you're going to reply to my post, consider posting an (preferably working) example - 99.7% of time time, I already know how to implement the feature theoretically! ;) I don't learn very well from references, etc....
paritybit
Citizen

Post by paritybit »

I knew I'd seen something about developing a minimum set of bounding boxes based on tiles; turns out it's here in the snippets section.

If you were able to use this to translate your box-per-tile to a single box stretching over all contiguous tiles that would alleviate your 'stickiness'.
luaz
Citizen

Post by luaz »

paritybit wrote:I knew I'd seen something about developing a minimum set of bounding boxes based on tiles; turns out it's here in the snippets section.

If you were able to use this to translate your box-per-tile to a single box stretching over all contiguous tiles that would alleviate your 'stickiness'.
I was unable to make this work since yesterday. :o: