Love2D - Font Messed Up!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Triplenox
Prole

Love2D - Font Messed Up!

Post by Triplenox »

Hey Guys, I think there is already a post out there for this, but I have no idea what to search for, my problem is that my font that i'm using (Harabra) is quite high quality on letters, then fuzzy/blurry on the other letters, I have no idea what to call this post, nor what this problem is called, here's a picture ;3 Any help is appreciated!

Kind Regards,

-Triplenox
Larsii30
Party member

Re: Love2D - Font Messed Up!

Post by Larsii30 »

Hmm.. Maybe it would be helpful if you gave us a link so we can test the font out.
I don't know about any problem with the font function, try changing the font size and watch the result ( i.e change size 18 to 22 )
Triplenox
Prole

Post by Triplenox »

Larsii30 wrote:Hmm.. Maybe it would be helpful if you gave us a link so we can test the font out.
I don't know about any problem with the font function, try changing the font size and watch the result ( i.e change size 18 to 22 )
I have a variety of different font sizes, it goes 24, 36, 48, 62, 72, i'll test later, as i'm busy with school work atm ;3
pk
Citizen

Post by pk »

Most modern fonts are hinted for RGB subpixel rendering. LOVE however, uses simple grayscale antialiasing. Read more about different rendering strategies here.
ALL CREATURE WILL DIE AND ALL THE THINGS WILL BE BROKEN. THAT'S THE LAW OF SAMURAI.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Triplenox wrote:my problem is that my font that i'm using (Harabra) is quite high quality on letters, then fuzzy/blurry on the other letters
I don't see anything obviously wrong on that picture. What letters do you consider "blurry"?
When I write def I mean function.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

A) What OS are you on?

B) Please upload the .love so we can test it and take screenshots of what it looks like for us.
Triplenox
Prole

Post by Triplenox »

Jasoco wrote:A) What OS are you on?

B) Please upload the .love so we can test it and take screenshots of what it looks like for us.
It's sorta a game, so i'm not trusting anyone with the code D: I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit on an Intel Pentium P6100 processor. (I think, lol!)

Kind Regards,

-Triplenox
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

You can then post a minimal example that reproduces your font problem, without exposing your game code.
Triplenox
Prole

Post by Triplenox »

micha wrote:You can then post a minimal example that reproduces your font problem, without exposing your game code.
Here is the code I have for the fonts:

Code: Select all

function love.load()
	--fonts!
	small = love.graphics.newFont("fonts/gf.ttf",24)
	medium = love.graphics.newFont("fonts/gf.ttf",36)
	large = love.graphics.newFont("fonts/gf.ttf",48)
	xlarge = love.graphics.newFont("fonts/gf.ttf",62)
	xxlarge = love.graphics.newFont("fonts/gf.ttf",72) end
And here is the code I have for printing the fonts:

Code: Select all

function love.draw()
	love.graphics.setFont(small)
	love.graphics.print("Credits:\nKeaton (Art)\nMatt Chambers (Code)\nJames McCarthy (Music)",10,355)
end
This isn't the full code for my love.load and love.draw, but it's everything to do with text, hope this helps, some how :p

Kind Regards,

-Triplenox (I'm feeling like a retard now!)
Triplenox
Prole

Post by Triplenox »

kikito wrote:
Triplenox wrote:my problem is that my font that i'm using (Harabra) is quite high quality on letters, then fuzzy/blurry on the other letters
I don't see anything obviously wrong on that picture. What letters do you consider "blurry"?
Well, they aren't exactly blurry, but they're out of place, and not in-line :p

Kind Regards,

-Triplenox