[Library] MASH v0.1 - non-tilesheet animation

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
dreadkillz
Party member

[Library] MASH v0.1 - non-tilesheet animation

Post by dreadkillz »

I'm working on a fighting game system thingy. I had to get the animation system working first. Here's a demo of the animation system. It uses single images instead of sprite sheets. The animation class constructor just needs a table containing the frame data for each animation. The table example can be found in the ryu subfolder. Github repo coming soon.

EDIT1:
Seems to be OK for a release. Check the repo for v0.1!

repo
example.love
(35.85 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Last edited by dreadkillz on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 am, edited 8 times in total.
retrotails
Party member

Re: MASH - mugen inspired animation system

Post by retrotails »

Looks good, I like the simplicity and the fact that you decided to make it yourself. I've always wanted to work on a fighting game, especially after my mode 7 demos because I could make the ground pseudo-3D just like many 16 bit era fighting games. The physics and tweaking the controls sounds really rough, though. Good luck with it.
dreadkillz
Party member

Post by dreadkillz »

Yes the collision/physics/input system will be the most difficult. Right now I'm just working on animation, doing one system at a time. I'll be making an basic sprite editor so you can align the sprites like Mugen's tool.
pk
Citizen

Post by pk »

Looks great. I want to make a fighter too! An obvious feature request would be to have hitboxes in the sprite editor.

@retrotails: Yes, parallax scroll effects are awesome in fighters. Way cooler than 3D backgrounds.
ALL CREATURE WILL DIE AND ALL THE THINGS WILL BE BROKEN. THAT'S THE LAW OF SAMURAI.
dreadkillz
Party member

Re: MASH - non-tilesheet animation

Post by dreadkillz »

First version 0.1! Zlib license. Have fun :3