Indie Game Story, First Official Screenshots!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
tomshreds
Party member

Indie Game Story, First Official Screenshots!

Post by tomshreds »

Hi,

I've been working on this game for the last three months and I'm starting to get very proud of having done it all. (Code, Art, etc. Except the few libraries I used from forum users, which I thank enormously!).

Indie Game Story is a game about having a creative/development team and develop your own indie games, living the life of a small game studio, getting contracts to get enough money to finally work own your dream project.

You'll be able to hire your own staff, make them work like hell, fire them, get better employees, get better contracts, try to optimize your income as much as possible before going all-in on your own indie game project which you will have the total direction in your hands. Pick a type, a genre, a good name, develop your game audio, art, code and text (through your employees). Get a bigger office, get more employees and work on more ambitious projects!

In the future, I'd even like to make an online mode so you could compete against other game studios and even your friends' game studios!

An alpha is almost ready to go, I'll setup a page soon to get a list of who'd like to test the game. If you're interested, let me know!

The game is set to release by the end of the year, and also be published on Steam Greenlight and Desura. But there's still a long long road before arrival!

TL;DR: Indie Game Story is a indie game studio simulation game, set to release this year. Click on the link below to see the article/screenshots and do not hesitate to let me know if you'd like to test the game when alpha is ready.

First Official Screenshots here:
http://indiegamestory.org/post/40258650 ... creenshots

Thanks for your interest, also thanks to everybody who helped me getting to know Löve which is an AMAZING platform that I hope to make shine when I'll release the game hehe :-)

See you, very soon!

- Tommy
Last edited by tomshreds on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xXxMoNkEyMaNxXx
Party member

Re: Indie Game Story, First Official Screenshots!

Post by xXxMoNkEyMaNxXx »

That's awesome, I love the "indie game about making indie games" idea.
tomshreds
Party member

Post by tomshreds »

xXxMoNkEyMaNxXx wrote:That's awesome, I love the "indie game about making indie games" idea.
Thanks!
markgo
Party member

Post by markgo »

Sounds like a good game to not work on my game.
wssmith04
Prole

Post by wssmith04 »

Agreed: a sim of making a game and all its challenges? Great concept and looks well executed! :awesome:
--Will
tomshreds
Party member

Post by tomshreds »

wssmith04 wrote:Agreed: a sim of making a game and all its challenges? Great concept and looks well executed! :awesome:
Thanks, very appreciated!

Yes the sim genre has a lot of technical challenges to it, but I love challenges and so far it's development is going very fine.

I'll post some more surprises next week ;-)

Thanks again everybody for the great comments!
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

So it will be like Game Dev. Story?
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
tomshreds
Party member

Post by tomshreds »

Davidobot wrote:So it will be like Game Dev. Story?
This message is for those who thinks that my game will be a copy/clone or simply like GameDevStory. This is not personal or directed toward Davidobot. It's simply a matter of clarification.

GameDevStory has been my primary inspiration as for when I began developing the game. But if you'd take the time to go read a bit more about it on the blog, you'd quickly notice that there's no relation between my game and Kairosoft's title except for "game studio simulator" and the "Story" suffix.

Also keep in mind that these screenshots are not even from an alpha release, it's an early build screenshot that shows the core game elements such as employees, office, salaries, seniority, etc. It's far from release and will be fully featured with many key features that only I know so far and didn't make public yet for clear reasons.

Indie Game Story will feature plenty of stuff that will completely differentiate it from that other game. Stuff like online content to buy with the money you bring with your in-game contracts/games. There will be online features such as rankings and more. You can interact with your employees, tell them where to go, what to do, and even talk to them. I've got so much ideas for the game, believe me this has nothing to do with a mobile game that you'll play for 3 or 4 hours. My game will be a full game with dozens of hours of gameplay to it.

As much as I loved GameDevStory, it's now time to make it clear: this ain't a damn clone, it's a completely different game. It has been an inspiration, but now I've got my vision of what I want.

It's like saying that Final Fantasy is the same as Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana. They look alike, they share huge key elements of RPGs but story, characters, fights are not the same at all.

Thanks for your interest.

- Tommy
scutheotaku
Party member

Post by scutheotaku »

The game looks cool! I can't wait to see me!
tomshreds wrote:
Davidobot wrote:So it will be like Game Dev. Story?
This message is for those who thinks that my game will be a copy/clone or simply like GameDevStory. This is not personal or directed toward Davidobot. It's simply a matter of clarification.

GameDevStory has been my primary inspiration as for when I began developing the game. But if you'd take the time to go read a bit more about it on the blog, you'd quickly notice that there's no relation between my game and Kairosoft's title except for "game studio simulator" and the "Story" suffix.

Also keep in mind that these screenshots are not even from an alpha release, it's an early build screenshot that shows the core game elements such as employees, office, salaries, seniority, etc. It's far from release and will be fully featured with many key features that only I know so far and didn't make public yet for clear reasons.

Indie Game Story will feature plenty of stuff that will completely differentiate it from that other game. Stuff like online content to buy with the money you bring with your in-game contracts/games. There will be online features such as rankings and more. You can interact with your employees, tell them where to go, what to do, and even talk to them. I've got so much ideas for the game, believe me this has nothing to do with a mobile game that you'll play for 3 or 4 hours. My game will be a full game with dozens of hours of gameplay to it.

As much as I loved GameDevStory, it's now time to make it clear: this ain't a damn clone, it's a completely different game. It has been an inspiration, but now I've got my vision of what I want.

It's like saying that Final Fantasy is the same as Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana. They look alike, they share huge key elements of RPGs but story, characters, fights are not the same at all.

Thanks for your interest.

- Tommy
With all of that in mind, I would recommend modifying your title so as to remove "story" from it. I think that the title will automatically make people assume that your game is a Game Dev Story clone.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Ok sorry for the mix up. May I suggest that you put Easter eggs into the game like, for example, one of the employees names could be "Markus "Notch" Persson" . :crazy:
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster