LoveQuest Chapter I ! Release ^^

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Neolitik
Citizen

LoveQuest Chapter I ! Release ^^

Post by Neolitik »

Hello all !

LoveQuest Chapter I Release to day ! ( you can finish the quest , easy and speedly ^^)
It' s Adventure game ! :P
Intro :
You are little love coder ! ^^ and you have some problem with your computer ...
Repair it !

Game play :
All by the mousse ( dont stress with it !! dont click speed !! sometime the game freeze !)
Left Click for move , or interact with scene.
Right Click for Open or Close Inventory( left click on item for use or look or combine)
Just follow the story !!)Auto Save ! when tou quit a room , or use usb key in inventory ! ( if bug Esc key )

It's simply to understand ! :roll:

Good play ! all !

Ps: i'm french and speak bad english , better traduction for text is welcome !!! thx
Attachments
Lovequestchaper1.love
First Chapter !
(48.05 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
F687/s
Prole

Re: LoveQuest Chapter I ! Release ^^

Post by F687/s »

Very...germophobic. (LOOK I WANT THE SHINY THING SO JUST STICK YOUR HANDS IN THE GARBAGE AND GET IT)

I love the engine; though I'm not a big point-and-click fan, I found the interface intuitive. Storing the items in a grid is a good idea, though it might be nice if there was an easy way to just place the item wherever (like when you use the screwdriver and it snaps back in place). I tried poking around a bit into the engine, but I don't really feel like deciphering it right now. ;-)

Story-wise, I'm a little disappointed by the protagonist. But, when I think about it, I can assume there more than a few people out there who would set out to make a WoW clone and then smash their computer over a blue screen. I also assume those same people also lock themselves in their own room on a regular basis. Hey, there are a lot more inexplicable ways to block off an area (Mother 3's "There are ants on the ground" comes to mind). As for the English, while it isn't the best (and you've admitted that), I was able to understand what to do. And at least you made an effort at translation, which really means a lot.

The game does freeze (but you said that already). It's a bit of a pain, but not much. Overall, it's a good game, a good engine. I hope to see moar!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Oops. I froze it in an infinite loop by placing the player at the top of the room and clicking at the bottom. It couldn't plot a path around the desk and just got stuck forever. Had to force quit it. Froze it again when I picked up the gum, it wouldn't open the inventory, and after walking around with the gum attached to the cursor it froze again.

But I like where it's going. You got point and click in and pathfinding. Which is something I'd like to do too for my Adventure game.
Evil Telephone
Prole

Post by Evil Telephone »

It froze up after I put the memory in the inventory.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Yes, it's very unstable for me as well, I hope these issues will be fixed. Anyway I got the door open, only for it to crash when I try to go outside.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I can't even get it to run. Win XP sp3
Neolitik
Citizen

Post by Neolitik »

Hum ... it's strange because i have test it on 3 computer !
under:
Xp-sp2
Vista Familial
Vista pro !

and all run good ...

But i want recode it , totally ! ^^

thank for this report !

by !